Corsair Community

CUE Randomly Deleting Profiles

Samfun

Ok so lately I've been opening CUE to find that profiles are gone. I have a main system of pressing F8 to switch through main profiles and choosers (Like Lewis Gerschwitz' Overwatch hero picker) and some just aren't there or some spots on the choosers are not doing anything, and when I check it, it says the direct profile selection is going to 'Unknown Profile' and I look in folders and certain profiles are gone and all the profiles are in a different order then when I turned off my computer. (Take Overwatch's Reaper profile for example) This profile disappeared today and I always have to reinstall them and change the mouse settings, keyboard actions, and other nitpicky settings everyday.

If anyone knows how to prevent this please let me know. Also I have the latest version of CUE and have a k70 lux rgb (cherry mx brown switches if that matters).

Thank You!

UPDATE: So like quick update, I went out of town for a day and came back to see that CUE had erased all my folders, half my profiles, and mixed up all the profiles left. Fixing these and getting everything back in order is a days worth of time that I don't have. This is REALLY annoying and making me regret choosing a Corsair keyboard.

Unfortunately, missing profiles/folders/profiles out of order is a known issue, if i recall correctly, there isn't a repeatable process to reproduce the issue which is probably why it is taking longer than expected for a fix.

For now, you will want to recreate your profiles and backup the CUE folder in case the issue does reappear. The CUE folder can be found in %appdata\Corsair.

Unfortunately, missing profiles/folders/profiles out of order is a known issue, if i recall correctly, there isn't a repeatable process to reproduce the issue which is probably why it is taking longer than expected for a fix.

For now, you will want to recreate your profiles and backup the CUE folder in case the issue does reappear. The CUE folder can be found in %appdata\Corsair.

Well, that's a bit annoying. It seems like every few restarts of my PC, CUE will just delete the profile I have. Especially annoying when the statics of the old profile show up for a second and then CUE comes in and just turns them all off because it loads the default profile.

• 4 months later...

Archived