Corsair Community

Corsair 780t changing to green led I/O

Affy

Hi, i doing a small project on the corsair 780t. I got a black 780t and on the I/O Panel it has red leds. Does anyone know how would you change them leds to green?

I did some research and people say i have you to solder some green ones on the pcb. I haven't soldered anything before. Even if I attempt this i would hate to stumble and break the pcb. Does anyone know how to do this and give me solid instructions. I have tried to find information on this ever where but there is hardly any..

Thank you

Good Day!

All in all it's not too hard. You have to disassemble case, take out PCB, solder out red LED and replace it with the Green one. Probably it will be 12 Volt LED, but i'm not shure. And due to your lack of XP, try to find some one who knows how to hold soldering iron.

• 4 weeks later...

Soo i torn apart the 780t I/O panel.

They have small red bulbs in them,i dont know know what there voltage is..

Can anyone recommend me the appropriate green leds to replace the reds??

IMAG0561.thumb.jpg.d35379bb0e022d20edeea8efdc02cc97.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found mine at Radio Shack

https://www.radioshack.com/products/radioshack-5mm-led-green?variant=5717558533

It was harder tearing apart the case than the actual replacment of the leds. If you pick up a solder remover (little sucker tool) it makes removing the old leds easy. A good soldering iron with a small tip is required as well as pre-fluxed silver solder. Good luck! Go team green!

• 5 months later...
Hi, i doing a small project on the corsair 780t. I got a black 780t and on the I/O Panel it has red leds. Does anyone know how would you change them leds to green?

I did some research and people say i have you to solder some green ones on the pcb. I haven't soldered anything before. Even if I attempt this i would hate to stumble and break the pcb. Does anyone know how to do this and give me solid instructions. I have tried to find information on this ever where but there is hardly any..

Thank you

Hi,

Can you please share the steps to remove top I/O panel, if possible please share pictures.

Hi,

Sorry i forget to mention. I already seen the manual and when I try remove the front fascia only top left side lock was release and left side was not moving a bit, so i didn't put any pressure. And unscrew the two screws at top which hold the I/O panel and try again but still nothing.

Is there any other screw which I have open or just front fascia is only fix on these lock ?

Archived