Corsair Community

Power supply for fans in Carbide 500R

huckleberry

Hello,

I have bought the Corsair Carbide 500R case and a Corsair 650 RM 80+ Power Supply. The fans (built in the case) are not working because I dont know how to connect the power for the fans. As you can see on the attached pictures:

Fan_Power_Case.jpg shown an unconnected calbe from the case. I assume it comes from the already built in fan controller in the case? And thus it is for the already build in fans?

PSU_Cable.jpg shows a power cable, which is used for older hard disks. I cant connect that to the Fan_Power_Case cable, because it is femal-female.

for_what.jpg shows a cable, I would be able to connect that to the <Fan_Power_Case.jpg>.

But I dont know where to plug the other end? It might fit on the mainboard "SYS_FAN_1" and "SYS_FAN_2"

I had no manual in the case.

I appreciate any hints and help. Thanks in advance.

Huck

Fan_Power_Case.jpg.d899e7d1f8d7f32af6e8b3ff24880cb8.jpg

for_what.jpg.7ec25a031cf24b072ea8a2977b062b63.jpg

PSU_Cable.thumb.jpg.9ca74c10bff478303eb845e7d9578b9d.jpg

Fan-power case, picure 1 , is a pass trough molex, so put this on you psu molex cable and then you could put a other device with molex on it, like the molex in picture 2. The little floppy like header that is attached to your molux, is for your 200mm side fan.

Archived