Corsair Community

Not impressed with Corsair cases (scratched side window!)

Mr Paul

Hi all,

Well So far I have had TWO Carbide 540 Air cases, both with scratched side windows on the inside, first one I just sent back, but the second one I kept and contacted Corsair as I need to get my rig built.

Fair play to them and credit where credit is due they have sent me a free replacement side panel, which arrived today.

However upon taking it out of the box it's actually bent so unusable and...yes scratched AGAIN on the inside!

I have sent them another mail to see what happens next as I'm not a happy bunny!

So to sum up :

1st case - scratched side window on the inside

2nd case - scratched side window on the inside again.

Replacement side window, bent and scratched on the inside.

Are there production issues here? Or what is going on?

Thanks in advance

Paul (from UK)

Looks like:

#1-Poor Production Job Training, Values, Instruction, and Care;

#2 Poor Final Inspection (If they do not have it, they should)

#3 Poor Incoming Quality Control (If they do not have it, they should) and

#4 They must not read or forward the serious Forum complaints to management, as nothing seem to be getting better (We will just replace it, without testing or looking at it and assume it is okay, and churn out new products and invest no time on the current stock of products.

I have worked in different manufacturing sites in a Quality & Safety function all my life and the the forums reports I see like this would get immediate action or there would be personnel changes in other companies. The real success of a company is not just producing the latest high tech products, but selling Zero Defect products; that way every sale is a profit maker. They make less potential money by their forum complaints that seem to be escalating. If I had read this Forum before I bought all the more expensive "i"-linkable components, I absolutely would not have purchased them, and would have saved a lot of money and hours and headaches.

Hey, a scratched door; just replace it and drop the issue as it was solved. What !

They will reply, but I understand your frustration, hell I got more problems with my 900D, but It's a Corsair and this means that they don't let you down, they will replace it again, but I would suggest that Corsair could cover the 2 sides of the window when they ship it and use stronger boxes for shipping the cases and some parts.I did a lot of builds with Corsair cases and still find they are one of the best around. Hell the only problem that I have got with al the cases from Corsair are the last 900D's that I bought for myself. If you Buy a Corsair, you buy also there great costumer support.

The only thing that you can do is asking at tech support for a new one and explain why you need a new again, they will help you.

I have replied to my original ticket that is still open, but 24 hours later I have no reply :(

I was dealing with somebody called Henry, seemed a nice enough chap :)

If it helps both my window scratches ran in an arch from near the top right

of the window to just short of reaching the centre of the window around 5mm

wide, they were not deep and came off straight away with Displex.

Looked like something had lightly brushed across the window on the inside,

not on the outside, nothing in my builds touches the window either.

Of the three side windows I have seen, the first one had a 4~6cm scratch on the bottom left of the panel. The current one I'm having to use has again a 4~6cm scratch just above the CPU area and the third bent replacement has a 3~4 cm scratch on the bottom of the panel near the front.

I just don't think it's good enough for a £100 case, sure if the case cost around £20 you'd think meh, ok, but not at 5 times the price.

Yep, the side panels scratch easily , It would be better if corsair just also stick a protection shield on the inside of of the window panel, so if it already was scratched when removing the protection sheets, they would could do a complain to there factory, I just removed my protection of the side panel, and damn, it also scratched in the left upper corner, so hearing this , I think the employees of the factory aren't careful enough when placing/fixing the window in the panel frame. but , my 900D side panels are also concave.But, you should know, that they will take care of you, I you are not happy with the window, because it is scratched again, well you could place a complain with tech support, so they could investigate what is going one with the assembly of the window.

Yep, the side panels scratch easily , It would be better if corsair just also stick a protection shield on the inside of of the window panel, so if it already was scratched when removing the protection sheets, they would could do a complain to there factory, I just removed my protection of the side panel, and damn, it also scratched in the left upper corner, so hearing this , I think the employees of the factory aren't careful enough when placing/fixing the window in the panel frame. but , my 900D side panels are also concave.But, you should know, that they will take care of you, I you are not happy with the window, because it is scratched again, well you could place a complain with tech support, so they could investigate what is going one with the assembly of the window.

Yeah, I replied back to original ticket that still open, but no reply after 28ish hours.....

Don't feel left out. After several Technical Service chats about the parts that came with my Corsair product, I entered a ticket 2 months ago, and we have been going back and forth with no resolution; and after all this, I just found out that the Corsair Tech Service person does even not know what parts come with my Corsair product and sent me replacement parts that are not even the parts I was complaining about!

Well, most of the time you get a answer in 48 hours, but give it a little more time, they will answer your ticket. It's frustrating if you buy something new and it is already scratched or has faulty parts, but that's something that could happen with any brand, I can know, did some builds with other brands for friends and believe me, it's a struggle to get a part replaced with the other brands, except for one other brand.

Don't feel left out. After several Technical Service chats about the parts that came with my Corsair product, I entered a ticket 2 months ago, and we have been going back and forth with no resolution; and after all this, I just found out that the Corsair Tech Service person does even not know what parts come with my Corsair product and sent me replacement parts that are not even the parts I was complaining about!

This normally can't happen, but if it's the wrong parts, search for the right parts on the Corsair shop and give them the right part numbers, so that they know what to send to you.

I tried. For my PSU, I can find a part number for every cable. But what if I want a replacement or a spare set of cables that came with the H100i or came with the AirFlo Pro? There is no consumer part number for those cable sets. I cannot believe that Corsair is missing a money-making area by not offering for every product a spare or replacement set of at least the cable sets, like they do for the PSU cables.

There is no consumer part numbers if you want an "original" cable set for the above products.

Well had FIVE side panels in total now, ALL have been scratched and one was distorted making the case have a gold fish bowl effect!

I'm not happy with the QC in the slightest, the customer service is very good, it's a shame they are let down by crap manufacture and QC checks.

Waiting to hear back as to what happens next, probably more side panels!

Archived