The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Adzen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920977
Adzen Reputation: 10
Sad K55 - Issues with LEDs + Windows bugs

Hi!

I suspect the latest firmware update for K55 RGB Keyboard (v. 30.06) to be responsible of various bugs.

The LED indicators for Caps / Num Lock and such often freeze. This can happen if I turn on my 360 gamepad, of if I plug/unplug the keyboard.

What makes this even more troublesome is the fact that when this bug occurs, any 3D program than I lunch takes a very long time to load (the windows just freeze for a minute or even more). Unplugging the keyboard cancels the freeze.

I think there's something going on with CUE drivers or firmware drivers for the keyboard. I woud like to know if there is a way to dissociate the keyboard from CUE (like before it's been implemented), or to rollback the firmware to prior versions.

Windows is up-to-date, as well as motherboard drivers.
So is CUE and the firmware of the keyboard, btw.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:01 PM

POST ID # = 921037
WirriumDank Reputation: 10

This is happening to me as well, although unplugging and then re-plugging the keyboard seems to fix the problem temporarily.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Adzen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921055
Adzen Reputation: 10

It's good to know that I'm not the only one.

Hopefully Corsair will fix this soon.

Old 10-01-2017, 02:57 PM
eastman51's PC Specs

POST ID # = 921809
eastman51 Reputation: 10

I have the same problem...
What is up with Corsair and their budget keyboard?

Old 10-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 921905
Corsair Nick Reputation: 12

Does the issue occur without CUE running or uninstalled?

Old 10-02-2017, 06:55 PM

POST ID # = 921944
rvanzo1971 Reputation: 10
Angry

Hi.
Here I have very similar issues (probably the same).

When K55 is connected, Steam "freezes" any time a controller is connected or disconnected. I disistallad CUE but nothing changed . Only Disconnecting K55 makes everyhing ok again. There is no doubt that this freezing has to do with K55.

Note that "freezing" is not the right term in my case: steam/games enter a freezed state for a minute or two, then steam/games goes on , but controllers are often not detected.

I also experienced randomly undetected K55 keyborad within CUE (before uninstalling it).

How can a Gaming Keybord be incompatible with controllers/ Steam?

Please do something!!!

PS: all sw and BIOS are updated...

Old 10-03-2017, 04:20 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 922087
Corsair Nick Reputation: 12

We are currently working with developers from Valve to resolve this issue. At this time, it is not confirmed if it is a compatibility issue caused by either one or both platforms. Once a resolution is in place, we will let you know how to proceed.

Old 10-08-2017, 01:46 PM

POST ID # = 922633

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
We are currently working with developers from Valve to resolve this issue. At this time, it is not confirmed if it is a compatibility issue caused by either one or both platforms. Once a resolution is in place, we will let you know how to proceed.
Hi, today I posted some data within a Doc and some observation to the support [Ticket Id : 627957]. It may be an USB driver problem (don't know if "Corsair Bus" system driver or the HID "Corsair" one). It seems something weird happens when refreshin USB chain events (and Steam is launched too).

Updated 12 Oct: As suggested from the support I uninstalled CUE, used CCLeaner to remove possible residual registry garbage, and restarted: hopefully drivers are not in the game anymore now. Behaviour changed pehaps for some time but Steam /Games now freeze anyway on removing and reinserting a controller. Perhaps a firmware 30.06 problem with USB managment is there afterall. I'm starting to be very unhappy: please let me know if you have any advance in discovering what it's really happening, even if a fix is still not available! If after about 10 days Valve and Corsair still doesn't have any advancement...my hope starts to fade away.

Last edited by rvanzo1971; 10-12-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Update

Old 10-12-2017, 11:29 AM
illuminoacey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923062
illuminoacey Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Does the issue occur without CUE running or uninstalled?
Hi, I have the caps and num lock issue too. Latest FM and CuE version, windows and drivers up to date. It happens with both CuE installed and uninstalled.

It seamed totally random at first and it may be in some cases, but I was actually able to reproduce it just now, multiple times by repeatedly connecting and disconnecting my usb devices using my usb hubs on/off switches.

My usb hub is a 'Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LED

I did this by pressing num lock on and off repeatedly and also pressing the usb hubs switches on and off repeatedly. I've now reproduced the issue multiple times in both my motherboards usb 3.0 and 2.0 ports. Disconnecting the K55 and then reconnecting gets the num and caps lock lights operational again.

Edit: The K55 is not connected to my usb hub, it is connected directly to my motherboards usb 3.0 port.

Just thought I'd add what I've found to the discussion. Hope it helps find a solution!

Last edited by illuminoacey; 10-12-2017 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Forgot an important detail

Old 10-14-2017, 10:05 AM

POST ID # = 923238
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvanzo1971 View Post
Hi, today I posted some data within a Doc and some observation to the support [Ticket Id : 627957]. It may be an USB driver problem (don't know if "Corsair Bus" system driver or the HID "Corsair" one). It seems something weird happens when refreshin USB chain events (and Steam is launched too).

Updated 12 Oct: As suggested from the support I uninstalled CUE, used CCLeaner to remove possible residual registry garbage, and restarted: hopefully drivers are not in the game anymore now. Behaviour changed pehaps for some time but Steam /Games now freeze anyway on removing and reinserting a controller. Perhaps a firmware 30.06 problem with USB managment is there afterall. I'm starting to be very unhappy: please let me know if you have any advance in discovering what it's really happening, even if a fix is still not available! If after about 10 days Valve and Corsair still doesn't have any advancement...my hope starts to fade away.
Now I discovered that having K55 RGB connected I cannot even see external USB Flash Disk in the UEFI BIOS: in case of emergency (as happened due to the many forced reboots done by my children beacuse of the Steam freezes) I have to use another keyboard to access WIN 10 repair USB... i'm writing with my old defective keyboard now...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: