The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 AM
xBoops xBoops is offline
Registered User
xBoops's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 922824
xBoops Reputation: 10
Default LINK 4 doesnt show RGB options for my RAM

i have an Corsair CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
and when i get into LINK 4 i only see the TEMP of the Two RAM Sticks and the Timings.
i have no aura options
but as i look at my Ram inside the Case i see them Glow in Rainbow

what can i do?
i just brought the Computer..
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 10-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Corsair CJ's Avatar
Corsair CJ Corsair CJ is offline
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Corsair HQ
Posts: 129
POST ID # = 922880
Corsair CJ Reputation: 10
Default

First,

Since you mentioned that you have an ASUS board (ROG STRIX H270F GAMING), check if SPD Write is enabled in the BIOS/UEFI (this should be under a memory-related section). This is an option that ASUS often disables by default in their motherboards.

If you know for sure you have SPD Write enabled, try this:

Download the chipset driver for your platform:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...501.1507587198

Download and remove/reinstall CL4 with version 4.7 (ignore options to update for now):
http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...-v4.7.0.77.zip
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 10-11-2017, 10:19 AM
xBoops xBoops is offline
Registered User
xBoops's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 922954
xBoops Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair CJ View Post
First,

Since you mentioned that you have an ASUS board (ROG STRIX H270F GAMING), check if SPD Write is enabled in the BIOS/UEFI (this should be under a memory-related section). This is an option that ASUS often disables by default in their motherboards.

If you know for sure you have SPD Write enabled, try this:

Download the chipset driver for your platform:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...501.1507587198

Download and remove/reinstall CL4 with version 4.7 (ignore options to update for now):
http://downloads.corsair.com/downloa...-v4.7.0.77.zip
Thank you for the response

i downloaded and installed what you given me and still cant see the options

and i didnt find the SPD Write on the BIOS
can i get some Pics or diraction excacly as it is?
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 10-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Corsair Black Pearl's Avatar
Corsair Black Pearl Corsair Black Pearl is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Corsair
Posts: 33
POST ID # = 922972
Corsair Black Pearl Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBoops View Post
Thank you for the response

i downloaded and installed what you given me and still cant see the options

and i didnt find the SPD Write on the BIOS
can i get some Pics or diraction excacly as it is?
Does memory part# show up in CPU-Z under SPD tab? Thank you
Reply With Quote


  #5  
Old 10-12-2017, 01:07 PM
xBoops xBoops is offline
Registered User
xBoops's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 923081
xBoops Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Black Pearl View Post
Does memory part# show up in CPU-Z under SPD tab? Thank you
yes its show CMR16GX4M2C3000C15
Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.