Corsair Community

1.3 doesn't seem to fix the sleep problem (Win 7)

genegold

After some sleep problems/crashes with the Series 3 60gb SSD and Win 7/32 on my desktop computer, I've updated to 1.3 and turned sleep mode back on. Here's what I've found in two sleep cycles:

- in sleep mode, turn computer back on and everything comes up frozen and mouse doesn't respond

- force shutdown via computer switch, restart and after boot Windows restarts to where it was with everything working.

The good news is that there haven't been any destructive crashes and needs for rebuild/reinstalls, as with 1.2 It's just that I'm wondering if this is the way sleep mode is supposed to work?

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition

XFX Radeon HD 5670 1024MB DDR5

4gb RAM

IBM model M kb - basic MS USB mouse

Thanks for the idea. Same result. I should clarify what I mean by 'freeze' after coming back from sleep mode (via hitting a key). The notification for email will still flash and maybe a clock counter on some app will keep ticking, altho the app itself is otherwise not running. The first thing I notice is that the (USB) mouse cursor doesn't move and I think the keyboard (PS/2) is likewise stuck.

The difference between using S1 instead of S3 (n=1) was that when the computer restarted after my shutting it down, it didn't return to the same state (S3) but booted anew.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem, but I get a blue screen a couple of seconds after sleep resumes, not immediately.

I have an ASUS UL30A laptop with an Intel Sata II controller and I have upgraded the hard drive to a Corsair Force 3 120GB, already with the 1.3 firmware version.

I don't know if I should request an RMA or wait for a new firmware version. The drive is awesome, but this issue is killing me.

What does Corsair has to say about this? BTW, my serial number starts with 1134.

• 4 weeks later...

Sleep is not supposed to blue screen a second or two after resuming. Unless you want to buy a different drive you need to configure for Hibernate or Shutdown. However, that is much slower.

I've tried two different hwardare units of this drive and have come to the conclusion that sleep / resume doesn't work with the firmware that this drive comes with.

Did anyone try the 1.3.2 update yet and notice any improvement?

My device: Corsair Force CSSD-F120GB2-BRKT 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Paul

I have updated to 1.3.2 and it's even worse!

Now it crashes on the first sleep. With 1.3 only on the 2nd sleep it would crash.

I'm really disappointed with this drive... a laptop with no sleep it no laptop!

I will only wait for another firmware update... after that, if it doesn't solve the problem, I'll RMA the drive.

Archived