Corsair Community

CMX512-2700C2 XMS2700 causing problems

N2Deep

I just purcahsed a 512mb CMX512-2700C2 333Mhz memory module for my WinXP Pro PC and it will not work as it should. I already have a Corsair XMS 512M 64X64 PC-2700H installed that works fine. The problems I'm having with new ram are... system hangs on boot(before windows start), blues screen saying to remove any recently added hardware and also crashes after Windows start. I have tied the two in diffrent slots and also tried the new by itself and it still hangs and crashes. Could you please HELP!!! N2Deep AMD Athlon XP 2600+ Abit NV7-133R MotherBoard (w/latest BIOS) nForce Chipset (w/latest drivers) nVidia GeForce4 MX 460 (nVidia 61.77 driver) (1) 160gb (1) 30gb HDs 400w PS

• Corsair Employee
Please try with just the new module installed and reset the bios and then load setup defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts! Then please test the module with [url]www.memtest86.com[/url] and let’s make sure it is failing! If all works, then install the old module in slots 3-1 and set the timings manually to Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and test it again!

Archived