Corsair Community

Second stick not getting recognized

damocles001

My specs are: Gigabyte GA-8SG667 F3 MoBo Windows XP Service Pack 1 Intel P4 2.4GHZ My system already has a 256MB stick of Corsair XMS memory which is CMX256A-3200 XMS3200v1.1. I originally bought 2 but one stick was bad and i returned it. When I asked for another, it was out of stock. I never picked up another stick until just yesterday. What I picked up was Corsair XMS CMX256A-3200C2 XMS3202v3.1. Here is the problem. Either of these sticks seems to work on their own, and are recognized. but when i have both in my system, it still only shows 256MB. So iI cant get to 512MB and that is a real bummer. Please help.

I purchased the two original sticks from [url]www.newegg.com[/url]. When one stick was found to be defective, I RMAed the stick, but at the time they were out of stock. So, they returned my money for the purchase of one of my mem sticks. But now that games are becoming more dependent on 512+ RAM, I bought my new stick from newegg.com and made sure that mem was pretty much the same. I didn't think it would make the difference. Any thoughts on what could be causing the problem?

• Corsair Employee
Most MB's require that you use modules that are exactly matched when running more than one module! These are the same part# and are the same basic spec. however they are based on a different IC and as such have a different SPD! I would suggest either you RMA the pair to us or if you have a use for the older Module in another MB just send the new module back and get a Twinx1024-3200LL instead!

Archived