Corsair Community

A7N8X-X and Value Ram Problems

ARCHIGAMER

I just built a friend of mine a new computer. However I am having a hell of a time with it since it randomly reboots (from system errors (BSOD)) I am really not sure what the problem is. I am really suprised that I am having this problem since i have 4 (built them myself) computers running XP and have never had any problems like this. specs ------------------------ 400watt antec power supply 1 dvd rom drive 1 CD Burner Drive 1 Floppy Drive 2 Hard drives (one 6gb and one 40 gb) Motherboard: Asus A7N8X-X Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3200 (400fsb) Video Card: Geforce 4 MX 420 (He cant afford a new one) OS: Windows XP Home Memory: 1 Corsair 512mb (400mhz) (VS512MB400C3) I came here to find that some people are having similar problems with the memory (VS512MB400C3) I went to the thread below, however i am sorry to say that the settings in the bios are correct according to that post. [url]http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26031&highlight=A7N8X-X[/url] things I have done to try to remedy the problem Installed latest nForce Drivers Installed latest Nvidia Display Drivers ran chkdsk defragmented drives ran antivirus scan ran memtest 86 (100% Passed) no bad reports in device manager none of them have made any progress One thing i noticed is that sometimes it is recommended to have 2.7v on the memory, however my bios is set for 2.6 volts. should i change it to 2.7v for this memory? Any Advice?

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but this MB does not provide all of the options in the bios and may not run stable with these types of modules! I would suggest you use, if you have a 333FSB CPU our CM64SD512-2700 or if you have a 400FSB CPU our CM64SD512-3200!

[quote name='RAM GUY']I am sorry but this MB does not provide all of the options in the bios and may not run stable with these types of modules! I would suggest you use, if you have a 333FSB CPU our CM64SD512-2700 or if you have a 400FSB CPU our CM64SD512-3200![/QUOTE] Well I went ahead and got the CMX512-3200C2 which is supposedly certified to work with this mobo at 400mhz ([url]http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=A7N8X-X&langs=09[/url]) Do you think this would work properly?

Archived