Corsair Community

RM650x fan concern

AndersonWayne

I just purchased the RM650x. When I turn on the PC, the psu fan spins and stops spinning right after POST and before the I get to the desktop screen. I believe this is normal for these newer PSU? I sort of read the specifications and it did state about the fan spins only during overload pressure. However with all that being said, I just want to someone to confirm that this PSU fan concern is normal? I like to have a working PSU.

.......perhaps, is there a way to check if my PSU is operating correctly? Maybe like a PSU benchmark software of some kind?

on RMi series (and RMx I reckon) the fan spins for a few seconds of startup this is normal like a sort of auto fan test

remember this is only a FDB fan not ball-bearing - still durable but your better off if fan doesn't spin too much

no PSU benchmark I'm aware of however the prime95 test #2 ("large FFT") uses the most power so indirectly it tests the PSU I guess (you could also run Furmark simultaneously with Prime95 test#2 to put load on your graphics card thus maximise power consumption but depending on your GPU better make sure your case is well cooled to avoid overheating)

Archived