Corsair Community

ax760i not showing of in Corsair link

Provos

Greetings, for some reason my PSU is not showing up in Corsair link. My h80i is showing up fine. The PSU is plugged into the alt port on the h80i. It was all working last time I remember checking but after the update to the latest link I don't see it anymore. I don't even see a corsair dongle under device manage USB. I have updated my pc specs so they are correct.

My h80i is showing up fine. The PSU is plugged into the alt port on the h80i.

Is it an hardware or software issue? What does SIV report?

The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date, specify the Windows Build number, check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.

attachment.php?attachmentid=29059&d=1495089351

attachment.php?attachmentid=29056&d=1495089289

OK here are some screenshot to hopefully help you to help me. =)

Not really, but they clearly show it's yet another a bug in CL 4.7.0.77 :sigh!:.

As SIV :biggrin: reports the AX860i and CL4 :(: fails to then there must be a bug in CL 4.7.0.77. As the developer of SIV I just don't get how Corsair can release software with such an obvious bug. Given the code in SIV I can't see how there can be such a bug, I expect that the CL4 code is poorly designed and implemented.

I also noticed CL4 reports the cores as #2 -> #5 rather than #1 -> #4, so I guess that Corsair can't count :laughing:.

All I can suggest is you log a call via https://support.corsair.com/ and ask for it to be fixed

BTW LinkDevices.png is actually [Link Status] :confused:

Edited by red-ray
Fix URL

Link Devices and Link Status came up with the same info so I put them both.

Try again, I guess you selected the incorrect menu entry, press [Link Devices].

BTW .PNG gives crisper images than .JPG.

Edited by red-ray

Yeah... I just installed the 'upgrade' and lost reporting of the AX860i in CL 4.7.0.77. No fan speed, voltages, it does not show as a device at all anymore. Maybe in Ver 4.7.1.00.....:mad:

(have to LOL at the core counting of 2,3,4,5 and not 1,2,3,4):roll:

I may have to roll back, assuming I have a copy of the last version.

I put the download links in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903472 just above the images.

Hiya Ray! I trust all is well, we've not chatted for some time. :)

Thanks for that. Actually, I read that thread earlier (before I did the 'upgrade') and failed to notice it. ::pirate::

I had saved v4.6.0.86 back in March, 2017 so I guess I'll uninstall this 'more broken' bit of SW and install what more or less worked. I was concerned that possibly there had been a version I'd missed in between that also 'was an improvement'. I'll be curious if my profile 'will stay'.:bigeyes:

I do like that the upgrade/install has improved but being so often 'buggy', it would be nice if they included a 'rollback' function ;)

For fun, I contacted Corsair Tech Support. They suggested Uninstall and reinstall and also replace the Corsair dongle (which is not used on my H100i/AX860i setup). Such is life:roll:

• 1 year later...

Is there a resolution to this?

Like OP, I have AX760i connected to H80i. I did an upgrade (from 4.2 to 4.9) and it no longer shows. H80i shows fine.

I can't believe Corsair folks blocked red-ray instead of paying him for troubleshooting their crap. The guy spent so much time helping people for free. Use sense and employ him.

Is there a resolution to this?

Like OP, I have AX760i connected to H80i. I did an upgrade (from 4.2 to 4.9) and it no longer shows. H80i shows fine.

I can't believe Corsair folks blocked red-ray instead of paying him for troubleshooting their crap. The guy spent so much time helping people for free. Use sense and employ him.

The solution I came up with was to use the dongle. I subsequently have added a Commander Pro and had to use the dongle with that as well.

I have not yet experimented with iCue but at some point, will have to as CorsairLink seems to be at the end of its' life cycle.

Yeah... SIV works well. The organization of functions leaves a lot to be desired though. It does not follow industry standard and accepted functional organization. But it is free, works well, so it is hard to complain. Ray is a good guy as well and when you have one person doing something like this, you cannot expect perfection. SIV is a good product.

Yeah, that dongle was not working or stg like that and I no longer have it.

I was not talking about SIV actually. Every issue I had, I saw red-ray helping and answering. It is silly to ban a person like this. People are here, because of problems with your crappy products that they paid for. And that guy is trying to help. If you don't want to hear him belittling your crappy products, fix them.

Jesus, this question was asked 2 years ago and I am using latest version of Link and it is still not fixed. Same issue with Windows 8, windows 10 and whatnot. Never thought I'd need to constantly upkeep a freeking PSU and CPU cooler. I spent more time on these than I spent on the OS itself over the years.

FYI: That freaking PSU took out my mobo probably as I am having random power issues.

Edited by CountingCrows

Yeah, that dongle was not working or stg like that and I no longer have it.

I was not talking about SIV actually. Every issue I had, I saw red-ray helping and answering. It is silly to ban a person like this. People are here, because of problems with your crappy products that they paid for. And that guy is trying to help. If you don't want to hear him belittling your crappy products, fix them.

Jesus, this question was asked 2 years ago and I am using latest version of Link and it is still not fixed. Same issue with Windows 8, windows 10 and whatnot. Never thought I'd need to constantly upkeep a freeking PSU and CPU cooler. I spent more time on these than I spent on the OS itself over the years.

FYI: That freaking PSU took out my mobo probably as I am having random power issues.

Corsair link still works for me. I had a issue of the fans showing/not showing rapidly for a while but, the control, actual fan speeds was managed, both in Corsair Link and SIV.

I've found my AXi to be very stable though I rarely use more than 15% of total capacity (my machine is a bit over built). I assume you also run a good UPS with batteries in good condition as well?

Most of my PC problems have been Win 10 related (I am in the Win 10 Insider) and occasionally, I have had build issues). Twice in (four years) I've had to wipe and rebuild my PC. With good notes, that is only a two hour ordeal.

Red Ray and Corsair were not able to see eye to eye. Corsair was locked into a method of managing Corsair Link. I think that is part of the reason for moving to iCue. Sometimes, a contract states the coding is proprietary and no one outside of the 3rd party developer may get into the kernel. This annoyed Red and many other developers that were positive they could resolve Link's issues.

I suggest removing CL. After you have removed it, confirm no hidden related files exist. Check the registry. Confirm you have all the current Win 120 Updates or better, re-image you PC. Then reinstall CL.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for bringing this up again after x amount of years...

but did anyone ever get this resolved?

I've had this issue constantly for the past 4 odd years as soon as we hit CL V4 in this time I've reinstalled my OS countless times but nada.

I was on the latest version V4.9.9.3 and all that I can see is the RAM + H100i - nothing about the PSU.

I managed to get a hold of V3.2.5742 and the PSU and Cooler both show-up and work perfectly fine. but as soon as I upgrade again nothing.

If I install iCUE but keep Corsair Link installed - Only my mouse/keyboard/ram show up and not the PSU and H100i. but if I run CL then it shows the AX760i but that it's being controlled by iCUE????

I've got the original H100i, not the upgraded variant.

any ideas?, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now but only been an issue for me recently due to power issues - at the moment, I'm just using SIV to control the PSU