Corsair Community

Freezing RGB strips.

Booba5185

Hello everyone,

I'm running the latest iCue (3.16.56) and I'm having a strange problem with my RGB strips. All but the first 2 LEDS on the first strip freeze a few minutes into operation. I have my white static color with moving across the 4 strips. When they freeze, I can see the first 2 LEDs turn blue when they should, but the rest are frozen, as if the firmware locked up or something. Powering off the PC seems to fix the problem for another few minutes, but it eventually "locks up" again. Even when iCue is closed, the problem stays until I power cycle the PC. I've tried resetting and uninstalling the app numerous times, and I can't find anything to fix it. It appears that iCue is doing something to cause the problem since the LEDs will work in their default modes just fine for an extended period of time. If iCue opens, within a few minutes they lock up. I've also forced a firmware reflash (was already running the latest version) with no help. Oh, and I've tried different channels on the node, with no change. Any ideas? Thanks in advance everyone.

I have a similar issue. Whenever I play video games my RGB strips flicker than freeze after couple of minutes of gameplay. When I'm not playing games or browsing etc. the rgb strips work without an issue. This has lead me to believe that its a software issue and not a hardware issue. I turned off SDK by unchecking it in the iCue settings but unfortunately the issue still persists. The only way to get the strips un-stuck is to restart my pc. Even restarting the Corsair service from iCue doesn't fix it. I have a Corsair 500D rgb case with 6 LL120 fans, Corsair vengeance ram (2 x 8Gb), Corsair H150i rgb pro AIO, Corsair K95 Platinum keyboard and 4 Corsair rgb strips. I really hope someone here can help me out.