The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 PM

POST ID # = 1007691
falcon7370 Reputation: 10
Default iCUE Hydro X Profile Options Missing

It seems that the performance settings featured in the iCUE Hydro X setup video are missing. I have the latest version. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 06-11-2019, 10:56 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007715
DevBiker Reputation: 83

Is a lighting channel configured on the the Commander Pro as HydroX?
Do you have existing fan curves for the CoPro as well?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:14 PM

POST ID # = 1007718

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Is a lighting channel configured on the the Commander Pro as HydroX?
Do you have existing fan curves for the CoPro as well?
Currently, my GPU, CPU, and pump are daisy chained and connected to a Lighting Node Pro, along with another RGB hub. The lighting node pro has a channel configured for Hydro X and I can control all RGB lighting.

I have all of my fans and the pump PWM, along with an additional RGB hub connected directly to the CoPro. The only fan curves that are available to me in CoPro are the defaults (Quiet, Balanced and Extreme).
Old 06-11-2019, 11:40 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007723

Right. You need to put the lighting channel for HydroX on the Commander Pro. Then you'll see the curves.
And the temp sensor from the pump should go into Temp #1 on the CoPro.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:56 PM

POST ID # = 1007724

So I tried to create a 'dummy' Hydro X lighting channel on the commander pro and that didn't seem to work. I'm guessing it absolutely has to plug into the commander pro? My temperature probe is plugged into the first temperature sensor port.

EDIT: If that's the case, currently this is not possible for me. The RGB cables on the waterblocks and pump are incredibly short and don't reach the commander pro in my case. Having them reach a lighting node pro is easy because of how small the node pro is. Any thoughts? I saw that you can get custom made RGB fan extension cables but since these are 3 pin , I wasn't sure what my options were.

Last edited by falcon7370; 06-12-2019 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:29 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007757

I've also noticed that the custom curves don't appear if you have any custom fan curves with the Commander Pro.

As for the RGB extensions - how long do you need? If you have RGB Strips, they come with extensions that would work.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:55 AM

POST ID # = 1007758

I did have 1 custom curve when I tried creating a dummy Hydro X lighting channel. I will try deleting it and attempt that again . Is this a known issue with iCUE? Seems like the stars have to align for these Hydro curves to appear.

I do not have the LED kit. I did see the extensions there though and I think they will work. It just sucks having to spend 40 dollars potentially just to get 1 extension cable.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:14 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007762

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon7370 View Post
I did have 1 custom curve when I tried creating a dummy Hydro X lighting channel. I will try deleting it and attempt that again . Is this a known issue with iCUE? Seems like the stars have to align for these Hydro curves to appear.
I have reported it. I'm considering doing a little script that'll just inject them into an existing configuration file. It's not that difficult if you are comfortable with XML and you know where to dig around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon7370 View Post
I do not have the LED kit. I did see the extensions there though and I think they will work. It just sucks having to spend 40 dollars potentially just to get 1 extension cable.
Which extension cable is that? Where do you live? And how long do you need?

Old 06-12-2019, 10:25 AM

POST ID # = 1007763

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I have reported it. I'm considering doing a little script that'll just inject them into an existing configuration file. It's not that difficult if you are comfortable with XML and you know where to dig around.

Which extension cable is that? Where do you live? And how long do you need?
That would be pretty useful. I'm a software developer myself so I'm pretty familiar with XML.

The extension cable I'm seeing that should work comes with the Corsair RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit, as it seems I will need a male to female 3-pin RGB extension cable that's included for the RGB strips to make the HydroX pump RGB cable reach my CoPro (everything else is daisy chained off of my pump).

I'm thinking 30cm to be safe. I currently live in Ohio (USA).