Corsair Community

Strafe Keyboard FW Issue.

Likesmoke

Hi everyone.

Recently I got a "faulty" Corsair Strafe Keyboard from my brother.

Problem was that keyboard was apparently bricked, no lights, nothing.

CUE complains about connection issue and always get stuck on 3% during flash.

After opening ticket, they send me zip file with few firmwares.

-Strafe_BLD014_App133RC.bin

-STRAFE_ISP_V204.bin

-STRAFE_ISP_V205.bin

and this instructions:

Please follow the directions below:

1: Unplug your keyboard from the computer.

2: Locate the small pinhole underneath your keyboard. For some, this will be located near the polling rate switch by the cable. On others, it will be located underneath on the tilt legs on the bottom of the keyboard.

3: Using a small paperclip or push-pin, press down on the button inside the pinhole.

4: Plug your mouse back into the computer, while holding down the pinhole button.

5: Once it is plugged back in, your computer should recognize a drive called CRP_Disabled. Please open this.

6: Download the firmware file from the ticket. If it is compressed into a .RAR file, please extract this file to an easily found location on the computer.

7: Delete the file FIRMWARE.BIN from the CRP_DISABLED drive, and then place the file with ISP in it’s name to the CRP_Disabled drive.

8: Once you have performed the steps above, please unplug your keyboard and then plug it back in. The device will then return to normal. Please test to see if the issue reappears. If it does, please inform us on the ticket for further troubleshooting.

After few tries my keyboard is no longer "death", at least now I can "use" my keyboard and type :), but with 3 lights flashing all type (CAPS, MAYUS and BLOQ) and laterals light turned on.

Also CUE still complaining about keyboard status. Now it reports FW version 0.14 and bootloader 0.00, also now CUE allow me to flash FW.

I tried in 4 diff pc with same result.

Do you know if there is any way to fix this?, maybe diff FW or previous version?.

I'm asking here just because I would like to avoid send back keyboard to corsair since apparently it looks like software problem.

Thanks and regards.

Thanks for the response @Toasted, but using STRAFE_ISP_V205.bin still not solved the problem.

I'm trying to find previous fw since maybe this happened becouse it was upgrade from FW 1.XX to 2.05.

-Do you know if there is any way to grab logs from keyboard? (Update: Found here AppData\Local\Corsair\HID\logs )

-Do you have previous fw versions?.

Thanks and kindly regards.

Edited by Likesmoke
Logs Paths found

• 2 weeks later...

You can try this method:

Performing a soft-reset:

1.Unplug the keyboard

2.With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.

3.While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.

4.After about 5 seconds, release the ESC key.

If done correctly, your keyboard's lighting will flash.

• 3 weeks later...
You can try this method:

Performing a soft-reset:

1.Unplug the keyboard

2.With the keyboard unplugged, hold down the ESC key.

3.While holding down the ESC key, plug the keyboard back into the computer.

4.After about 5 seconds, release the ESC key.

If done correctly, your keyboard's lighting will flash.

I tried and didn't work, anycase thanks for the advice.

After all, I sent my kb back to Corsair, now waiting to receive a new one.:biggrin:

• 1 year later...
Do you have the Strafe Red LED, or RGB? You can also provide the part number off the back as well. There are two different Strafe keyboards, and each one has their own firmware.

Me also need some firmware badly. Hope you can respond as soon as possible.

STRAFE RED Led

P/N: CH-9000226-NA

A reply will be much appreciated.

I already submit a ticket but I need the keyboard asap. Thanks

Ticket no.: 2000837732

Edited by dyskharel
Additional info

Me also need some firmware badly. Hope you can respond as soon as possible.

STRAFE RED Led

P/N: CH-9000226-NA

A reply will be much appreciated.

I already submit a ticket but I need the keyboard asap. Thanks

Ticket no.: 2000837732

I talked to technical support, and you should receive a response shortly regarding your inquiry. If you don't hear back, feel free to PM me.

@dyskharel please can you share the file if you get it. I have the same issue and no help from support apart from have you tried turning it on and off again...