Corsair Community

Corsair H100i and Socket 1150

VAMET

Dear Corsair Team

I would like to use Corsair H100i with my Asus Sabertooth Z87 and Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell on socket 1150.

I have found an information with socket support: AMD AM2, AMD AM3, AMD FM1, AMD FM2, Intel LGA 1150, Intel LGA 1155, Intel LGA 1156, Intel LGA 1366, Intel LGA 2011.

I have also read lots of messages on different forums and blogs from people, who said Corsair H100i is not compatible with socket 1150. Others said it's the same bracket as for 1155/1156, because bracket holes are movable.

Some people said there is a loose between bracket and motherboard after installing it. Is it normal?

I would be glad, if you will explain how it really is before I buy Corsair H100i.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Sincerely

most motherboards comply to a certain thickness of the PCB, only the few models that are manufactured with a thinner board may require washers to make up the difference.

skip down a few posts and this fella got it mounted up just right on the board you have.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1798634/corsair-h100i-sabertooth-z87-4770k.html

also something that i just saw that may help, here's a quote from another thread

One thing that's very easy to miss is that the X-shaped backplate has to be mounted a certain way. One side has a bit of a cutout on it and that side should go towards the top of the case. Corsair really should have made this more obvious in the manual.

good luck and let us know how you make out.

Some people said there is a loose between bracket and motherboard after installing it. Is it normal?

some people do complain of this but they are unaware that a little looseness is normal to aid in mounting and snugs up once the cooler is installed.

Dear Friends

Thank you for your replies.

Does package contain Corsair Link cable for H100i?

I would like to mount H100i in Cooler Master HAF XB case. There is possibility to mount 4x 120mm Fans in front plate of the case. I would like to use push/pull configuration. What is the best direction for fans to mount it, like an intake or exaust, to be the most optimal for H100i? Cool air push to inside via H100i radiator or pull warm air from case to outside of the case via radiator?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Sincerely

Dear Friends

Thank you very much for your fast replies.

Looks like mounting 4 fans and the h100i radiator into that box is a very tight possibility. :cool:

There is no problem at all, there are plenty of room in Cooler Master HAF XB even for 4x120mm with H100i radiator.

Example: Corsair H100i with 4x120mm push/pull configuration in Cooler Master HAF XB

So intake is recommended configuration (take cool air from outside of the case via H100i radiator and exaust fan on the back of the case)?

Best Regards.

Sincerely

It may be a bit difficult testing it both ways. Have you asked Cooler Master on which way to go? From my experience with their support they are super helpful.

I just looked at the video and it looks like a very nice case! I noticed that if you have cooling problems you can also install a 200mm fan on the top of this case. From the comments attached to the video it does not matter much which way the wind blows.

Dear Breimeister

Cooler Master HAF XB is very impressive and solid case. I think the best option is to set configurations of 4x120 fans + H100i radiator to be intake (front of the case) and 1x120mm on rear as exaust and optional 200mm on the top of the case but I don't know how to install it as intake or exaust? What do you think about it?

May you recommend any good and silent 200mm fan for top of the Cooler Master HAF XB? How to install it: intake or exaust?

There is also other version of Cooler Master HAF XB with window on the top of the case.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards.

Sincerely

May you recommend any good and silent 200mm fan for top of the Cooler Master HAF XB? How to install it: intake or exaust?

Bitfinex makes some nice fans . with or with out LED's too. Installing is easy it's just a few screws. Install it blowing it into the case for "intake. Flip it over and instal it pulling air out of the case and blowing into your room for "exhaust"

Originally posted by Breimeister:

It may be a bit difficult testing it both ways. Have you asked Cooler Master on which way to go? From my experience with their support they are super helpful.

I have to ask... why ask CM about it? It's not their cooler. They would just refer you back here for Corsairs recommendation on what works best for the cooler.

Dear peanutz94

Thank you once more great and fast reply and explanation.

Bitfinex makes some nice fans . with or with out LED's too. Installing is easy it's just a few screws. Install it blowing it into the case for "intake. Flip it over and instal it pulling air out of the case and blowing into your room for "exhaust"

Yeah, I know how to install fans in the case, it's just my poor English, I was thinking more about a configuration (which is better in that scenario: intake or exaust, when front case fans are intakes and rear one is exaust) not just how to install them :) ...but thank you anyway :)

BitFenix fans, you said... Spectre Pro or Spectre? I haven't found other types from BitFenix.

Best Regards.

Sincerely

the 200mm fan holes are specific to Coolermaster fans only it seems, The Megaflow 200 to be very specific as the holes are not a standard config ....I run that fan and pull cool into the case and all is well.

In fact I pull air into the case with ALL the fans and create a Positive Pressure.

4670k @28c

GTX770 x2 SLI @ 30c idle and 53c Full Load

Sabertooth z87 @ 29c

Ambient Temp 26c

I also use the Cooler Master Excalibur 120 pwm Fans in the push/pull config

Originally posted by Breimeister:

I have to ask... why ask CM about it? It's not their cooler. They would just refer you back here for Corsairs recommendation on what works best for the cooler.

Because they designed the case to use a 240mm radiator, they should know what work best for their case. Probably the best way is to just leave those two Cooler Master fans installed the way they come, blowing in, and connect them to the H100i. Just sure the h100i fans pull. (I have 2 200mm Cooler Master fans connected to my H100i :cool:)

The more I look at this case the more I like it, they even allow for 140mm front case fans. If I had seen this case when I bought mine, I might have chosen this case. I am pretty sure this is a COOL case.

Dear Breimeister

I don't know how to install it as intake or exaust? What do you think about it?

In my opinion, when the fan is on top of the case it should be exhaust. However it looks like this fan is over the video card(s) and maybe this fan should be intake. That would be easy to test with your video card temperature.

May you recommend any good and silent 200mm fan for top of the Cooler Master HAF XB?

I recommend a Cooler Master 200mm fan, they work very well and they are quiet - 19dBA. With LED or without LED is just a matter of taste, but red for hot, blue for cool and none for ordinary. :roll:

Enjoy your case and the H100i!

Dear Breimeister

Probably the best way is to just leave those two Cooler Master fans installed the way they come, blowing in, and connect them to the H100i. Just sure the h100i fans pull.

Hmm, please correct me if I am wrong. You said, that I should install Corsair H100i with their 2x120mm fans from the inside of the case and also leave those 2x120mm preinstalled Cooler Master fans under the mesh from the outside of the case (in push/pull configuration)? If so, should I connect those 2x120mm Cooler Master fans to Corsair H100i controller over the CPU or should I connect them to CHA_FAN_X on the motherboard? I cannot explain it better than this, because of my English, I wish you understand, what I said :)

The more I look at this case the more I like it, they even allow for 140mm front case fans. If I had seen this case when I bought mine, I might have chosen this case. I am pretty sure this is a COOL case.

Yes, there are 2x120 preinstalled Cooler Master fans and there is an option for 2x140mm, there are also 1x120mm and 2x80mm on the back of the case, of course 1x200mm on the top, if you choose a HAF XB without window. The case is really solid, very strong, massive and no plastic look.

I would like to buy Corsair 800D, but it's too expensive and then I found Cooler Master HAF XB and I fall in love :) ...sorry Corsair. I will use your RAM 16GB and CPU Water Cooling H100i instead :)

In my opinion, when the fan is on top of the case it should be exhaust. However it looks like this fan is over the video card(s) and maybe this fan should be intake. That would be easy to test with your video card temperature.

I think the best will be installing 1x200mm on top like an intake, because whole motherboard is under this 200mm fan and it will cool everthing. Exaust fan I will mount on the back as 1x120mm.

I recommend a Cooler Master 200mm fan, they work very well and they are quiet - 19dBA. With LED or without LED is just a matter of taste, but red for hot, blue for cool and none for ordinary.

Are you talking about Cooler Master MegaFlow 200mm?

EDIT

Corsair H100i is PWM with 4 pin fan (I am talking about connection to motherboard CPU_FAN socket)?

Best Regards.

Sincerely

Archived