Corsair Community

h100i v2 CPU_FAN low rpm

dexter17

Hi guys

So i have a weird problem here and i dunno what i did wrong as i followed every step in the manual and videos from youtube.

pump 3pin is connected to the CPU_FAN header

y cable is connected to the radiator fans

Link cable is connected to the USB 2 header

MOBO = Asus z97-a

CPU = 4790k @4.5 @1.210v

PSU = EVGA 750 g3

OS = Windows 10 pro 64bit

im using the latest version of Corsair link

the problem is:

CPU_FAN detected on bios is only having 970 this is set to DC full speed on the bios

questions:

1. why is the CPU_FAN's RPM dont pass 1000RPM

2. why is the CPU_FAN is showed on Corsair Link MB fan #2. what is that mb fan #2? it stays on 970+ RPM even under stressed.

3. is it ok that the CPU_FAN's RPM stay like that?

i have attached some screenshots of Corsair link (i positioned the readings like it was inside the system) and SIV.

Capture.PNG.f993308085d5299e87fabc935a8bca60.thumb.PNG.78f940fed6ba0aec4252962a95c59566.PNG

Capture1.PNG.43c24a9bc884b54e555b4f8251756e76.PNG.8e02369dd52845921c511d93fab2e571.PNG

attachment.php?attachmentid=30700&d=1502951999

CPU_FAN detected on bios is only having 970 this is set to DC full speed on the bios

This is as expected as half the pump speed is reported to the CPU_FAN header for Asetek V2 coolers, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156661

As to why half I don't know, I guess it's all down to the hardware sensors.

BTW in general it's easier to help if you post the CL4 [Home] tab rather than [Config], but I obviously prefer SIV screens anyway as they provide Meaningful Names + Average + Minimum + Maximum + Samples reading.

This is as expected as half the pump speed is reported to the CPU_FAN header for Asetek V2 coolers, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156661

As to why half I don't know, I guess it's all down to the hardware sensors.

BTW in general it's easier to help if you post the CL4 [Home] tab rather than [Config], but I obviously prefer SIV screens anyway as they provide Meaningful Names + Average + Minimum + Maximum + Samples reading.

thanks for the reply,

so just to make sure, my settings are ok? bios and hardware connections?

CPU_FAN is on DC full speed or what would you recommend?

by the way some people say pump (3pin) should not be connected to the motherboard as it should be connected to the PSU to get the stable 12v.

1. so just to make sure, my settings are ok? bios and hardware connections?
  2. CPU_FAN is on DC full speed or what would you recommend?
  3. by the way some people say pump (3pin) should not be connected to the motherboard as it should be connected to the PSU to get the stable 12v.

1. Things look fine to me.
  2. Corsair specify this in their sticky thread, but I prefer to set PWM mode as by doing this none of the other setting matter. Both should be fine.
  3. There are many statements on the web that are best ignored, but as you failed to link to this I can't sensibly comment on it.

Archived