Corsair Community

H100i PRO best fan configuration

BluMandu

I had previously posted about using mixed fans in the push/pull build around the radiator. I have the H100i PRO cpu cooler and Crystal Series 460X case. I am altering the config for the radiator of the H100i still in push/pull but with 4 ML PRO RGB fans. I have run link.sys through my AX860i PSU and will do so in this build. I also have two RGB hubs and the Commander PRO with thermisters. I believe the best build is to put 4 ML RGB's on the push/pull sandwich. I want to be able to ramp up the fans with increasing cpu or rediator temp.

Then can I run all four of those fans by combining with a splitter for 2 into 1 of the cooler fan headers? There are two fan headers on the cpu cooler.

I would like to have control of the cpu cooler fans in the cooler system. I also doubt that my ASUS Maximus X Hero will start up with no fans existing on the cpu fan header. Is this true?

With this configuration will link.sys recognize and control them through the program?

Alternately, any ideas for a different configuration to connect and control the fans?

Thank you for your time and consideration of my problem.

Then can I run all four of those fans by combining with a splitter for 2 into 1 of the cooler fan headers? There are two fan headers on the cpu cooler.

Yes, no problem with doing this with 4xML120-RGB. 0.20A x 4. Total current allowance is 2.0A or 1.5A for the fans alone. You always want to leave a safe margin, but 0.70A is more than safe. No problem there.

I would like to have control of the cpu cooler fans in the cooler system. I also doubt that my ASUS Maximus X Hero will start up with no fans existing on the cpu fan header. Is this true?

Not exactly sure what you mean. You will need iCUE (or Link) to configure the cooler parameters, including LED function, fan speed, and pump speed. If necessary, you can move the fans from the cooler PWM controller to the motherboard. Then the BIOS would control the fans. You would still need iCUE/Link for pump and LED control. No real advantage to doing this unless you need to run 3 pin DC fans. BIOS controls will have no other effect on cooler. The lead coming off the H100i PRO is a speed sensor and reports pump speed to the BIOS. It is also useful for getting around the CPU fan boot error issue. Usually better to put the speed sensor on CPU fan vs AIO or W_Pump+. Neither of those have any special properties and can be re-purposed to act like limited CHA fan headers. CPU and OPT are special and have some hidden behaviors making them unsuitable for case fan management.

With this configuration will link.sys recognize and control them through the program?

Going to need someone else for this. All I can think of is a little antenna router I had 10-12 years ago.

as said,,, run them all from the cooler... they would still only appear in the cooler tab of iCue or Link as 2 fans, meaning you be controlling them as pairs., pump needs to go to the CPU fan header on your motherboard. if you dont use that header the motherboard will report fan failure and fail to boot.. that can be switched off in bios.. but my advice is run it from the CPU Fan Header ;) ..

Archived