Corsair Community

h100i pro one of the fans is zero rpm in icue but it's working

amjad_2020

Easiest first step to is close iCUE, then open the task manager and force quit both of the Corsair Service processes. If it is just a momentary software glitch this may do it.

If it does not, power down and then swap the two fan connectors on the H100i PRO (move 1->2 and 2->1). Sometimes you get bad read between the connector and the pin.

If neither of these work, report back and we can take a deeper look.

Easiest first step to is close iCUE, then open the task manager and force quit both of the Corsair Service processes. If it is just a momentary software glitch this may do it.

If it does not, power down and then swap the two fan connectors on the H100i PRO (move 1->2 and 2->1). Sometimes you get bad read between the connector and the pin.

If neither of these work, report back and we can take a deeper look.

thank you for replaying i have did all the steps no use icue don't give the fan speed and i have remove icue and reinstall the same thing but i can control every fan separately.

When you switched the two fan connectors, did the "zero fan" move from Fan 2 to Fan 1 in iCUE? Do you have any other software monitoring programs running (AI Suite, HWInfo64, etc.)?

when i change fan 2 that was zero to fan 1 it gives me speed for it i had ASUS AI Suite 3 but i have uninstalled it.

AI Suite has underlying components that only come out with 3rd party removal software or Asus’ own secret driver removal. We have seen this cause control issues recently. I can’t link it from this device, but there is an AI Suite removal tool.

So the ‘zero’ stays on Fan 2? Eliminates the fan. Hoping this is AI Suite rather than a defect on the H100i connector.

AI Suite has underlying components that only come out with 3rd party removal software or Asus’ own secret driver removal. We have seen this cause control issues recently. I can’t link it from this device, but there is an AI Suite removal tool.

So the ‘zero’ stays on Fan 2? Eliminates the fan. Hoping this is AI Suite rather than a defect on the H100i connector.

So the ‘zero’ stays on Fan 2?

yes always zero whatever i do

p.s i have the fan connected to AIO PUMP Header do i need to change it to CPU fan header

-

i had a problem with icue today stop detecting me CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB

PRO

So the ‘zero’ stays on Fan 2?

yes always zero whatever i do

p.s i have the fan connected to AIO PUMP Header do i need to change it to CPU fan header

No. It should work either way. Also, the H100i PRO is SATA powered, so the need to be at 100% BIOS fan setting thing doesn't apply. The advantage of using CPU fan is you get a warning if it fails on power on. Aside from that, it doesn't matter. There is certainly nothing special about the AIO or W_Pump+ headers.

When you uninstalled AI Suite, did you scrub it out? Do you still have processes like "DIP5" or DIP5 Away mode running in the task manager?

No. It should work either way. Also, the H100i PRO is SATA powered, so the need to be at 100% BIOS fan setting thing doesn't apply. The advantage of using CPU fan is you get a warning if it fails on power on. Aside from that, it doesn't matter. There is certainly nothing special about the AIO or W_Pump+ headers.

When you uninstalled AI Suite, did you scrub it out? Do you still have processes like "DIP5" or DIP5 Away mode running in the task manager?

i have reinstall a fresh copy of Windows 10 and the first thing i install is icue fan 2 is zero maybe it's the fan splitter

That is the part worrying me. I am not 100% certain or I would advise returning/replacing it. I do want a second opinion. I would submit a ticket to Corsair through the Support System link in the margin above. If anyone else has a suggestion to test the premise, by all means. I do not think it is the fan and the swap should have ruled that out, but you could also confirm by plugging another fan into the header #2 (obviously no need to actually install it).

That is the part worrying me. I am not 100% certain or I would advise returning/replacing it. I do want a second opinion. I would submit a ticket to Corsair through the Support System link in the margin above. If anyone else has a suggestion to test the premise, by all means. I do not think it is the fan and the swap should have ruled that out, but you could also confirm by plugging another fan into the header #2 (obviously no need to actually install it).

i have connected case fan HD to the slitter and give me zero and it's working

So, same again? Fan works, but no displayed speed? I think the most likely problem is a defective tachometer pin on fan connector #2. I don't know if that splitter pops off and the pump end. Mine is so buried I can't get to it without removing 2 radiators. Frankly, I was hoping for software glitch so no hardware replacement would be necessary. Another reason to submit the support ticket.

Archived