Corsair Community

H115i | Asus X99 Deluxe II | Enthoo Pro Connection Conundrum

UDPride

Hi Folks. First post. Hope I make it count.

I just finished a preliminary build on a new system. By prelim I mean its basically up and running, but I'm what I *think* might be a fan issue with the H115i.

Here's my issue:

I don't have the Corsair USB link cable connected to the X99 Deluxe II motherboard because I dont know where to plug it in. I have basically an identical cable for my HX1000i Power Supply. On my X99 Deluxe II, there is a 9-pin USB header -- but I have my front USB ports cable from the Enthoo Pro case plugged in here.

I dont know where to plug the H115i or HX1000i. So that's the first issue. I assume these USB cables for Corsair Link are for tweaking/customizing but dont necessarily reflect pure operability of each product. In other words, my power supply will still work okay and same with the H115i.

I cannot seem to control the H115i fan speed. I dont even see it listed in Corsair Link 4 (Perhaps b/c no USB cable attached?). Corsair link does sniff out two other fans -- HX1000i which usually spins at 0 and my Enthoo front fan at 690rpms or so. I see these speeds from my Asus Dual Intelligent Processor 5 utility or the BIOS.

Is 1400rpms fast or slow for the CPU fans on the H115i for normal mail/web/word processing?

I have the H115i power cable into the Water Pump 3-4pin header on the MB. The two H115i fan cables go to the back of the Enthoo Pro fan "hub" on the back side for lack of a better word. I have that fan hub's SATA cable disconnected as I hear this is unnecessary for power and causes conflicts. This hub that contains all the fans is then connected to the MB CPU_Fan header.

Perhaps someone out there with a similar PC tower and H115i/HX1000i can guide me through how to properly hook it up so I have full fan control and the Corsair Links cables attached. As of right now, I feel like I dont have enough connections on the MB to make it happen?

I have the H115i power cable into the Water Pump 3-4pin header on the MB. The two H115i fan cables go to the back of the Enthoo Pro fan "hub" on the back side for lack of a better word. I have that fan hub's SATA cable disconnected as I hear this is unnecessary for power and causes conflicts. This hub that contains all the fans is then connected to the MB CPU_Fan header.

1. The H115i power cable is a SATA cable and needs to be connected to a SATA power connector.
  2. The one wire to 3-pin header is just a speed signal and should be connected to the CPU_FAN header.
  3. The two H115i fans should be connected to the H115i
  4. I don't know anything about how to setup the Enthoo Pro fan "hub", but it should not be connected to the H115i.

• 4 weeks later...

OK Im confused now. I dont understand the SATA power connector from the H115i remark. The instructions say "connect the pump power cable to CPU_FAN on the motherboard."

I did that. I dont see any type of cable in the "whats in the box" page of the manual that says anything about a cable running to a SATA power connector. I assume you mean somehow to the PSU.

It then says connect the Corsair link cable (mini USB cable) to a USB header on the motherboard. I only have one USB header on the MB so the NZXT module makes sense there to give me a few more connections. I know Im at least short three headers (Corsair link for both the H115i and PSU, and also an internal card reader I bought) so I will get this part ordered today as it seems to have 3 headers on it which should cover me. I currently have the front USB connectors on the case connected straight to the only MB USB Header.

Still not sure on the H115i power however. Now you have me worried its not even generating power! My 115 fans are spinning and the Corsair logo on the pump head is illuminated.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate.

How many wires are connected to the plug that you have connected to the cpu_fan header? If it's 1 that's a signal wire and the power comes from elsewhere, if there are 4 wires, it's getting power from the header and you are ok. As the fans are spinning and the logo is lit, I'm guessing that there are 4 wires.

To be fair, Corsair use different methods of powering coolers, so it's easy to get confused.

You can, as red-ray suggests, increase the number of usb headers using the IU01 or the newer version which has a case covering the wiring and a mag mount.

Archived