Corsair Community

K90 not working at all after a spill

Oblivious_Dave

I am hoping you lovely and informed forum members can help me out.

I bought a manufacture refurb K90 Vengeance keyboard through Scan (UK) and everything worked perfectly out the box, until I had a oafish moment!

Managed to spill about a mouthfull of tea on the right hand side of main key group. Unplugged, removed wet keys and dried up but now nothing works.

I have doused it in tons of contact cleaner and let it dry for days, but still nada.

When plugging in the K90 I get the folllowing:

Windows installs drivers and backlights all come on, but no keys work at all.

Scroll lock led is flashing and either Caps lock or Number lock is solid (sometimes both).

Devices & Printers lists is as K90 Keyboard, but also seen KBD Boot Loader, HID device etc.

Followed the excellent advice from Lord Lobo on this thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=104856

I have been uninstalling, reinstalling and updating drivers like a mad man, but still no joy.

Normally I can load the drivers, but does not work all the time. If I get past this point, the firmware update fails everytime ('SET FIRMWARE UPDATE MODE FAILED!' or GET FLASH MEMORY INFORMATION FAILED!') if I try to retry it says it cannot open USB device.

Strangely, the K90 gaming keyboard config program normally does allow me to change the backlight brighness, but that is about it.

Sorry for the waffle, but I wanted to let you know everything I have tried - any ideas anyone?

New to the forum, so only just set up support account. No ticket raised yet as I am waiting for a passwork reset email to come through!

Archived