Corsair Community

Corsair Scimitar Media Controls Not Functioning?

Mrf9312

Hello all,

First time posting in the Corsair forums so hopefully I am doing this right (if not just let me know and I'll do what needs to be done). Let me start by saying I just today made the switch from my old Logitech G600 to the Scimitar. I also have the Corsair K95 RGB keyboard and I love it.

So let's get into it, my old mouse I bound media controls (Play/pause, skip, go back) to the mouse keys 10-12. I assumed I would do the same thing on this mouse but after I set the keybindings I had no luck. I searched Google for awhile and found people with the same problem but only with keyboards, and the troubleshooting steps listed I tried and didn't work.

I have a pretty adequate understanding of how CUE works. I have custom profiles for my keyboard, and all my macros/remaps I use on the keyboard work flawlessly. However, I can't for the life of me get my media keys to work on my new mouse, though. The troubleshooting steps I've taken thus far including unplugging, and replugging in the mouse, restarting my computer, resetting the settings to default, wiping the macro keys and trying from scratch (multiple times). I also went in through the control panel (I can't remember what the subcategory was) but made sure that it was enabled and allowed to use those controls.

In any case, I'm sorry for the wall of text. I wanted to be as thorough as possible, because while it may not seem like a huge issues media controls on my mouse is a big deal to me. Maybe also worth mentioning I am using the controls on Spotify. My keyboard media controls work for it currently, as did my old mouse. Let me know if there is any additional information you would like! I hope we are able to solve this issue together. Thank you for your time!

- Matt

I've figured it out! I am replying to the thread to hopefully help someone else who may have this problem in the future. Originally I had used CUE to "Assign new action" to the keys and assigned the media controls. This did not work for me on Spotify. I then went back into CUE and remapped the keys and told them to act as a media key. Fixed my issue and now everything works. Yippie.

• 2 weeks later...
I've figured it out! I am replying to the thread to hopefully help someone else who may have this problem in the future. Originally I had used CUE to "Assign new action" to the keys and assigned the media controls. This did not work for me on Spotify. I then went back into CUE and remapped the keys and told them to act as a media key. Fixed my issue and now everything works. Yippie.

Thank you so much, I was getting so annoyed with this!! Ahhh such a relief to get it working. Now to try and figure out how to use my Mouse Button 4 as a modifier key for the other buttons like the Roccat Kone let me do..! :D:

Archived