Corsair Community

Why I see some 570X with rubber grommets in the PSU cover and some doesn't have it?

ViTosS

Hello, I'm willing to buy an 570X but my main complaint was about the PSU cover that doesn't have the shroud (to hide the cables) and that it doesn't have a rubber grommet access right on top of the PSU cover, but for my surprise I've seen a couple of that has it, is it mod or what? I know Corsair sells the shroud but what about the rubber grommet hole like in this photo?

PMSX9sv.png

Thanks

Newer versions of the case have the rubber grommett addition. As far as im aware the newer additions dont have the psu shroud.

However there is a new version of this case coming out (out already?). 570x mirror edition, which includes both of these additions.

Hello, I'm willing to buy an 570X but my main complaint was about the PSU cover that doesn't have the shroud (to hide the cables) and that it doesn't have a rubber grommet access right on top of the PSU cover, but for my surprise I've seen a couple of that has it, is it mod or what? I know Corsair sells the shroud but what about the rubber grommet hole like in this photo?

PMSX9sv.png

Thanks

I bought the white 570x from amazon (UK) a week ago. It came with a PSU shroud cover and grommet!

Well happy :biggrin:

...Though to make things clear for everyone, they should've updated the SKU to Rev2 or something. I actually placed an order for the PSU cover from the Corsair webstore (in black because the white is out of stock... lol) before my case arrived. I was thrilled to open up the box and see it already attached, but I then had to contact Corsair's CS team to cancel the order (something you can't do the in 'my orders' section.) Thankfully, it hadn't been dispatched yet, so was able to get a refund without too much hassle.

they've rushed this product to cash in on the RGB hype asap, plain and simple

yup, true that. corsair is basically the apple of the components market except they don't have the quality or features behind most of their the products to command the premium. all flash no substance.

• 2 months later...

Is there any chance I can purchase a newer version of the shroud with the gromett separately?

Thanks!

all 570X comes with the PSU shroud, but only the newer version has the rubber grommet, it simply got added on later due to the complaint of having a shroud with no cable hole. If you want to make sure yours has the grommet, just order it from us directly.

Archived