Corsair Community

K95 RGB just stopped working, lights up but keys do nothing, not recognised by CUE

Solved: Toasted pointed out below that it was in demo mode (which I didn't even know it had) and how to set it back to normal: Hold ESC while plugging it in.

So last night my K95 RGB was working fine, this morning I installed a new SSD (which is probably unrelated) but I turned my computer back on and my K95 RGB isn't working. It lights up but I couldn't access the BIOS and it's not recognised by Windows (in that the keys continue to do nothing) and it's not recognised by CUE (updated to the latest version). Seems to be switching through random lighting patterns (none of which I set). Num lock/caps lock/scroll light lights aren't on and pressing their respective keys doesn't do anything. Pressing the brightness or Windows key lock buttons also do nothing.

• Tried unplugging it and plugging it into a different USB 3 port on the back, a USB 3 port on the front, and a pair of USB 2 ports on the front, same thing.
  • Tried plugging it into the USB 3 port on my Surface Pro 2, same thing,
  • Tried plugging it into a USB 3 port on my old gaming laptop (Dell XPS L1702X), same thing.
  • Tried switching the BIOS/polling rate switch to different settings (including BIOS), didn't seem to do anything.

Edit: Tried connecting through a USB 3 hub connected to my main PC - the board receives power and lights up but the LEDs on the hub indicating the connected device is communicating with the PC don't illuminate.

System specs:

Motherboard: ASUS Strix Z270F Gaming (BIOS 0906)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @ stock clocks

Memory: 2x Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 8GB (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16)

GPUs: 1x GeForce GTX 1080ti (MSI Gaming X), 1x GeForce GTX 780ti (ASUS DirectCU II), both at stock clocks, latest drivers

Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo 850 SATA SSD (main system drive), 250GB Samsung Evo 960 NVMe M.2 SSD (just installed, not in use), 4x Seagate Barracude 4TB HDDs (in RAID 5)

Keyboard: Korsair K95 RGB (red switches) - (currently typing this on my old Roccat Isku)

Mouse: Logitech G700

(If I'm forgetting anything in these specs - let me know and I'll update it)

Explicitly set CUE in advanced (or basic) mode' date=' and turn off CUE SDK if you are not using it.[/quote']

No difference. CUE (and Windows) still don't detect any devices connected and input from the keyboard still doesn't work (nor does things which should only affect the keyboard, like the brightness button or M buttons), it just lights up and cycles through the built in lighting schemes (Rainbow wave, mostly red with G keys WASD and arrows white, mostly white with G keys QWERDF red, and letters/G keys blue with everything else white).

Archived