Corsair Community

My memory not listed on Corsair site

Munchmouth

I have the 1333 DDR3 Dominator 3X2 gig sticks item# CM3X2G1333C9D6. I searched site but no matches were found. Does anyone else have this ram? I wanted to see what my timings for this ram should be, I see it is set (with CPU-Z) at 7-7-7-20. Does this sound right? I might call corsair and ask...

thanks, Munchmouth

My memory has the black dominator heat spreaders on them is this something added to the set? I just want to make sure I have the right speed for OC'ing. My memory is running at 7-7-7-20 and I see it is rated for 9-9-9-24.

thanks for your quick help!!

also this memory is XMP right, my bios has it set to disable XMP is that wrong?

I guess mine had dominator heat spreaders added then because it is set at 1066 in bios and CPU-Z says their 1333. Not sure which ones they are but I know their 1333 rated so I guess they are XMS with added dominator heat spreaders?

hmmm

HPIM1515.jpg.6829bfa8f0c8b262063215ce53325770.jpg

Select the CPU-Z window and tab you'd like to take a pic of. Hold ALT, then hit the print screen button on your keyboard (top right). Then open up MSPAINT (Start -> Run -> MSPAINT). Paste it, save as JPEG. Attach to a new post in this thread.

• Corsair Employee
When you create the post at the bottom you can add an attachment then once it is added right click on the file and copy link location and then use the Image Icon to post in the message.

You need to enter your BIOS and set the memory to X.M.P. Either that or manually set the timings to 9-9-9-24 with 1.5v.

CAS Latency Time = 9

tRCD = 9

tRP = 9

tRAS = 9

DRAM Voltage = 1.5v

Either that or just set the:

Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) = Enabled.

I did as derek suggested, and I am now running at 1333mhz and 9-9-9-24 timing. What is the difference between 7-7-7-20 and what I am at now, as far as performance(other then the frequency is higher 1333 instead of 1066)?

When I enabled XMP did I need to change anything else? If I read right My memory was tested at the speed it is at now and is at its optimal settings now?

Thanks for your help....

I am finding that XMP with i7 is a good way to go. I did not like XMP with Core 2 but find it is far more mature with i7.

I set to XMP then if I want to manually change values, I change them leaving XMP still on.

My PC was built by Cyberpowerpc. I was wondering if they were OEM.

It seems to run good after I enabled XMP.

Is it a good idea to enable XMP? Or should I have entered timings manually?

Ram Guy, Do you have any more information regarding my ram? I have a friend who also bought his PC from Cyberpower and he has the same ram. He wants to know about the ram too. If I wanted to, down the road, would it be better to replace this ram with the 1600 or 1800mhz modules? I can't find this ram anywhere so I can buy more to add...

Thanks to all of you who helped me. I may have more questions later if and when I start to OC.

Archived