Corsair Community

SSD and HDD in Bulldog.

Jacko1307

Hi, Will I be able to put a 480gb 2.5in Corsair SSD and a 1 TB WD 3.5in HDD in the bulldog or just one at a time? Thanks.

Either 1 of each at the same time or 4 x 2.5mm. Pro tip: if you are planning on doing 4k content be sure to get a motherboard that has an M.2 at PCIe x4 speed. The Asus Z710i Pro Gaming for example. The Samsung M.2 PCIe x4 512GB SDD is out and the speed is pretty incredible and noticeable in many aspect over SATA III to which most standalone SSDs are limited to. Lots of mini-ITX motherboards to choose from but only the top entries currently support M.2 at PCIe x4.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I've managed to squeeze in 1x 3.5" HDD, 3x SSD and 1x m.2. Board can accommodate another m.2 too if needs be.

Any chance (if you are still on here) you can post a pic of this? I am having trouble just getting more than 2x 2.5" drives and a single 3.5 inch drive

26220241_10156154402873534_3835685402373911283_n.jpg?oh=f5fd4dfc8665ac568a1f3b3894365b80&oe=5AB06B72

I feel like you can kind of just put a ssd on top of the power supply.

on my old full tower desktops, I just kind of put the ssds anywhere with velcro haha. It's not a moving thing so it doesn't really matter right :p

or I'm wrong and don't do that.

Thank you for the input!

The solution I came up with probably isn't the most advanced engineering solution out there, but I noticed on the under side of the HD tray there is a lip exactly the same height as my SSD. My thought was if I can flush mount the SSD to the bottom of the tray somehow it would take up no more room inside the case than not having one there.

I pulled a HD mounting bracket out of an old laptop (since I cannot find for the life of me a simple 2.5" mounting bracket) and tested it's position with Zip ties. (for now)

Works Perfectly!!

There is even still room for adequate airflow to cross over the graphics card un-encumbered. (liquid cooled, so it doesn't matter too much, but every bit helps)

So until I break out my drill and create new mounting holes for the underside SSD the Zipties work great and I'm now up to 19.5tbs internal storage in my Bulldog. (1X 500gig SSD, 1X 12TB 3.5 HDD, 1X 5TB 2.5 HDD, 1X 2TB 2.5 HDD)

Also: (Side Note) Does anyone know if Corsair offers a 2.5 inch HDD mounting bracket (like the supplied) that will accommodate the taller 2.5 inch HDDs? The supplied 2.5inch brackets work great on standard 2.5 drives but when you get to 4 and 5tb HDDs they get taller and the brackets do not lock the drives in place properly. I'm a big fan of everything being nicely and securely mounted.

Archived