Corsair Community

V2000 Plastic Cracked

mrhanman

I've only had these for a few months, and they are already cracked above the left cup. See the attached picture. I've babied these things since day one, so there's no reason it should have happened. Is this covered under warranty? Do I have to pay for shipping? Have there been any design alterations to prevent this from happening in the future? A high stress area like this should really have some extra reinforcement.

Performance wise, I've been more than impressed with this headset. I am stunned, however, that there would be a physical break so easily after such a short time. Please help me get this resolved.

I submitted an RMA not long ago, but I haven't received confirmation yet.

1616062897_2012-11-0310_05_54.thumb.jpg.30867464becd9b37922014cfd5311a53.jpg

Customer service was unwilling to do anything. Having recently been laid off, I can't afford to spare even the amount to send them back. How long is the RMA good for? Maybe I'll somehow come up with the money before it expires. I guess I'll continue to use them in their current condition until I can afford to get them fixed.

They paid for shipping on my headset which had the exact same issue. Try contacting someone on here about it. This isn't a cheap headset and I'd expect free shipping for such an item especially when this seems to be a prevalent issue with this headset. I reckon it's something happening in manufacture or a crate load got squished while being shipped. They all seem to have the exact same crack in exact same locations.

I agree that shipping should be free. This isn't some cheap Walmart special. It's a Corsair! That's supposed to mean something.

Anyway, have they fixed the problem? Or are they giving you a new headset that will develop the exact same break?

They actually sent a guy out from UPS to pick my old set up, he slapped a label on the box for me. I got a brand new set returned to me free of charge. All is good and well as of posting this. No cracks or slits that I can see, yet... lol

They actually sent a guy out from UPS to pick my old set up, he slapped a label on the box for me. I got a brand new set returned to me free of charge. All is good and well as of posting this. No cracks or slits that I can see, yet... lol

After I posted this I've just had a closer look and I have to say I'm a little pissed off now. I've just noticed a hairline crack on the right ear, same place. I couldn't see it from the angle I was looking but when I tilted it in the light I could clearly see a cluster of vertical cracks. :mad:

Looks like I'm going to have to write yet another RMA ticket out. Really do expect better quality of build for a set of £100 headphones.

I'm sorry to hear that your headphones are already cracking again. They really need to fix the underlying issue rather than simply throw another set at you that is bound to develop the problem later.

If I can't get them to pay for shipping, I might have to attempt some sort of repair myself. It's absolutely ridiculous that I should have to resort to such measures.

If anyone is reading this who can help, please - I'm begging you - please get someone to sign off on shipping these back!

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry to hear that your headphones are already cracking again. They really need to fix the underlying issue rather than simply throw another set at you that is bound to develop the problem later.

If I can't get them to pay for shipping, I might have to attempt some sort of repair myself. It's absolutely ridiculous that I should have to resort to such measures.

If anyone is reading this who can help, please - I'm begging you - please get someone to sign off on shipping these back!

There is no need to beg. You just need to contact customer service after you fill out a RMA.

• Corsair Employee
After I posted this I've just had a closer look and I have to say I'm a little pissed off now. I've just noticed a hairline crack on the right ear, same place. I couldn't see it from the angle I was looking but when I tilted it in the light I could clearly see a cluster of vertical cracks. :mad:

Looks like I'm going to have to write yet another RMA ticket out. Really do expect better quality of build for a set of £100 headphones.

Was the headset delivered to you with the crack in place? I'm surprised you have such bad luck with the headset honestly. To give you an idea, I still have one of the first production models and have yet to see anything.

Regardless though contact our customer service and we'll get you another replacement right away. You won't have to pay for any shipping beyond the first replacement.

Hey RamGuy, I've replied to your ticket response and sent you some photos. As you can imagine I inspected them when they came out of the box, I didn't notice the cracks at first and then had another closer look in better light after making the previous post and noticed the cracks. They haven't been on my head as they had to be charged first. I did use them after discovering the splits just to make sure the audio and wireless was working and that there were no other faults.

I honestly don't think this comes down to bad luck, I truly believe it's a problem in either manufacture, storage or delivery. I'm not the only one to have received this product and it have cracks in it. Also not only that, but to get a replacement that is also got cracks in it.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111885

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=598643

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=112162

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=111999

I also don't feel this is down to how one puts them on or uses them. If I buy a set of £100 headphones I should be able to put them on standing on my head and they shouldn't break after 1 day of getting them. I know this is an extreme example but I'm just trying to make a point.

As I said to you in my email RamGuy, this is an awesome set of headphones, the sound quality is exceptional, it's such a shame that this small fault tarnishes what is a perfect set of cans. The only thing that has prevented me from just sending them back and getting a refund has been how good support have been in this situation.

I really hope we can all get this resolved.

There is no need to beg. You just need to contact customer service after you fill out a RMA.

I did contact customer service. I got the following response:

As per the Corsair Warranty, customers are required to pay shipping and handling charges, as well as any applicable tariffs, duties, taxes and fees necessary to convey the defective item back to Corsair for replacement or exchange. Corsair pays for the replaced item’s outbound shipping to you. We recommend shipping your item via the most economical method which provides a tracking number, as Corsair is not responsible for any lost or misdirected shipments. You may be required to pay shipping and handling charges, as well as any applicable tariffs, duties, taxes, or other fees.

I'm not really sure what else I can do.

I must say I'm pretty surprised at Corsair's T&Cs. I don't think I'll be making any further purchases if I am responsible for paying all postage costs to return a defective item.

I know for fact that here in the UK under our consumer laws the seller is responsible for return shipping where something is faulty. If you just want to return it because it's no longer wanted then that's different. In fact I looked this up and found this for you:

"Under the Sale of Goods Act, if the goods are inherently faulty, the buyer must not be out of pocket. So if the goods are bought online this means not only all original charges and delivery costs must be refunded but also return delivery costs as well."

In the T&C's you quoted it does say you are responsible for paying the return costs (which makes sense unless someone from Corsair comes to your house with some stamps) but it doesn't say anything about you getting those costs back. Seems they conveniently forgot that bit. Give them a call and quote that bit of the Sale of Goods Act and I'm sure they'll play nice. Otherwise it seems a bit of a cheap policy for a company that has (or used to have) a good reputation.

In the T&C's you quoted it does say you are responsible for paying the return costs (which makes sense unless someone from Corsair comes to your house with some stamps).

Funny because that's exactly what they did for me. Some dude from UPS arrived and slapped a prepaid label on my box for me.

Regardless of the T&C which I think is just there to cover themselves they have actually been very good in returned goods. For my situation anyway.

I know for fact that here in the UK under our consumer laws the seller is responsible for return shipping where something is faulty.
I'm not a lawyer, but if you purchased it from a store and RMA it to Corsair, I can't see that law being valid in an RMA scenario. Now if you ask the seller to replace it, then that law would probably apply.

Having said that, you can always talk to their customer service department and see what they say.

• Corsair Employee
I did contact customer service. I got the following response:

I'm not really sure what else I can do.

All second replacements will have shipping covered by us for both ways. As long as you can provide customer service with your previous RMA , then we'll cover the shipping.

Archived