Corsair Community

Corsair Link 4.8 BUGS

satinghostrider

Guys,

The new update Corsair Link 4.8 is a disaster.

Now, my Corsair Vengeance RGB DIMM DIMM Color settings have completely disappeared from Corsair Link altogether. I only can see my Memory details of the speed it is running at but the Color function where you can select the color cycling has completely disappeared. This was no issue at all on 4.7.

I am currently running a Gigabyte Z170 Motherboard with 6700k. Reverted back to 4.7 and it is working again.

Pls FIX!

I suppose we could make this a central repository for bugs/changes not included in 4.8

Hotplugging fans - please fix!

Detection issues - please fix! (many standard fans are not detected properly...phanteks, Vardar, Fractal Design)

Set each fan port manually to PWM or Voltage - please fix!

This would help us avoid detection issues altogether!

Easy fix for a lot of people's problems!

I can confirm that Brightness is not working after CLCP firmware update, as Ray has stated. For my LED strip, when configured as 1x 72LED, all brightness values > 0 result in 100% brightness. When configured as 6 x 12LED strips, any brightness value between 1% and 100% results in ~15% brightness. For HD-RGB fans, all brightness values >1 result in 100% brightness.

Also, after I updated CLCP firmware, while fooling with brightness values, I lost communication with my CLCP. All CLCP controlled fans started jerking back and forth about once per second. The LED on the CLCP would blink at the same rate as the fan blades jerking. Power cycling the CLCP got the fans spinning again but the CLCP is now not recognized in Device Manager so I can't monitor or control anything connected to the CLCP. I am trying to get the CLCP to be recognized in Device Manager but so far, no luck.

And around and around we go. When you buy a Corsair Link product, you are not buying reliable cooling hardware control - you are buying an ADVENTURE!! You never know what's going to happen next.:brick: :wtfman:

I lost communication with my CLCP.

I got my CLCP working again, running 0.2.136 firmware again. :biggrin: I did the hardware reset procedure recommended to me and it worked! :sillygrin Everything is back to as it was before I plugged in my new 144LED strip. I have not started messing with that again yet.

I can confirm that Brightness is not working after CLCP firmware update, as Ray has stated.

Same firmware loaded - Brightness still not working.:grrr:

you are buying an ADVENTURE!! You never know what's going to happen next.:brick: :wtfman:

Still true (IMHO) :o:

CL 4.8.0.82 is reporting 4 x DIMM temperatures which is strange if you only have 2 DIMMs.

Looking at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=909736 you only had two DIMMs do you now have four?

sorry typo ted... now i am using 2x16GB kit with total 4 dimms because i think based on their tech support last reply my problem can be addressed in this update so i buy another set

sorry typo ted... now i am using 2x16GB kit with total 4 dimms because i think based on their tech support last reply my problem can be addressed in this update so i buy another set

I am never sure what "2x16GB" means sometimes it a 16GB kit with two DIMMs and other times two 16GB kits, so four DIMMs.

Below you can see CL 4.8.0.82 does allow my RGB LED DIMM LEDs to be controlled and that the SMBus is 8086-A2A3 which is the same as yours. I am intrigued to know why it works on my system, but not on yours so if you ever find out please let me know.

Do you have any ASRock software installed/active? Maybe that could be a factor.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30231&stc=1&d=1500122466

RCK.thumb.png.31cfea130171422370f66688e4dc80f8.png

I am never sure what "2x16GB" means sometimes it a 16GB kit with two DIMMs and other times two 16GB kits, so four DIMMs.

Below you can see CL 4.8.0.82 does allow my RGB LED DIMM LEDs to be controlled and that the SMBus is 8086-A2A3 which is the same as yours. I am intrigued to know what it works on my system, but not on yours so if you ever find out please let me know.

Do you have any ASRock software installed/active? Maybe that could be a factor.

the same with me.... i also confuse why it can work in your system but it won't work in mine

I already uninstall the asrock rgb utility before installing the corsair link :(:

attachment.php?attachmentid=30233&stc=1&d=1500183376

1918683234_2017-07-1522_31_43-Greenshot.thumb.png.3204c6b2f31e8d4d33d6a69fe5e3589a.png

Thanks Guys.

For now, stick to 4.7. 4.8 is a piss poor update that breaks many things. It also for some reason randomly crashes with Corsair Utility Engine making my K65 keyboard undetectable.

I gote the same issue after CUE update dont detect on start my k70 keyboard !

A uninstall and hand deleted dirs and clearing registry befoe a clean install didnt help.

I gote the same issue after CUE update dont detect on start my k70 keyboard !

A uninstall and hand deleted dirs and clearing registry befoe a clean install didnt help.

The issue is not with CUE.

The problem is with Corsair Link.

Try reverting back to Corsair Link 4.7 it should work. Do not get the 4.8 update. It is a half baked update that deserves to get people who released this update shot with no proper testing.

Try that it should work as it did for me.

I can confirm the issues are with Link as I don't use CUE. Lost contact with H100i. Cooling just running free no closed loop now I guess? The Server is complaining some how the first installation messed up the USB Bridge driver. Is this an update or an attack!

I upgraded to 4.8 and it complains about the drivers not being signed so it seems Windows 10 basically disables them. The program will launch but my H100i v2 is not detected, device manager shows error icons by the USB drivers. Rolling back to 4.7 has no issues at all. I am staying away from 4.8 for the time being.

The installer trashed my USB Bridge Driver. I am still looking for other damage as I too have some odd things happening with lag. After it first updated I noticed it had lost contact with the H100i. However, all other monitoring was continuing. I then exited and uninstalled with configuration. Since then I have lost all the devices. I get to look at a picture of a system case. I also seem to have an error in a USB Input device that I can't make go away. How do I go back to something that works.?

If you uninstall 4.8 and then go back to 4.7 that should fix your issues. I had the error in the USB devices under device manager with 4.8. Rolling back to 4.7 fixes the problem. Also make sure that you aren't using any other monitoring programs with CL as it can cause conflicts, such as Asus AI Suite.

I have tried that and for some reason it hasn't worked. Since the update I have a USB Input driver error that is causing a pause/lag effect on my UI. I am just trying to work out what the installation broke. It obviously broke more than the USB Bridge driver and I am trying to figure out what. It might be that it has failed to tidy itself up properly and left a more recent driver in place. Some installers are automatically set not to smash more recent drivers. I have just noticed a thread has opened on missing CPU info that has also persisted after going back too. I don't know what more to say!

Ok what I have so is any damage done by the installations I have fixed. It was limited to a HID USB Input device and the USB Bridge driver. Since I eventually decided to remove the configuration from the previous installation I have not only lost contact with the H100i. I now can't establish any monitoring with anything.

The Link service appears to be running idle. The version number reported in the about box does not match the version number in Windows uninstall. I think this is as a result of trying to go back to 4.7.

Going back to 4.7 doesn't cure this for me. I suspect a part of the 4.8 installation might be left over and 4.7 installer is seeing it as a later version, or has remained locked for some reason.

I have noticed some errors in the Windows Driver Development Kit environment suggesting something is not responding. Again I only suspect, but that USB Input driver event errors suggest its not talking.

No I didn't just download the WDK for this I use it everyday. I am sure you Guys (Corsair) have already been through all this.

Is there any news on a fix. As I am on free running fans cooling here. Does anyone else on here think that the so called closed loop system for cooling. Should run independently of complications caused by other devices outside its scope of operation. It is supposed to be a closed loop after all.

Archived