Corsair Community

Corsair Link Problems

Boots

Hi all,

Been trying to avoid making this post for quite some time trying to diagnose the issue by myself but to no avail...

I recieved a h100i V2 for Christmas, plummed it all in following the instructions etc etc the pump and fans themselves are all good, all run etc etc the issue i'm having is that corsair link will sometimes (once in a blue moon) pick up my H100i and more often then not it will ignore it and the h100i just goes haywire (Fans @ 100% etc)

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, i've looked into the regedit thing but seems i have a different code or something (Can't remember, but i dont have the thing people say to edit?) i've tried changing the USB ports its hooked up to, i've tried unplugging it whilst 'hot' as some suggested, i've tried reinstalling the h100i a plentiful amount of times.

But... for whatever i try it does not work lol msot common issue is i'll get it loaded up and working through link, i'll pop the pc onto sleep or shut down or restart and when it's next turned on it forgets i even have a h100i

Any help would be great. (all my pc specs should be in my profile, if not just ask for whatever you need)

Corsair link version (4.7.0.77)

i'll pop the pc onto sleep or shut down or restart and when it's next turned on it forgets i even have a h100i

If you use Device Manager to Disable then Enable the Hydro Series 7289 USB Device then restart CL4 then does it come back?

I expect it will and I also suspect you have Fast Boot enabled. Try Disabling Fast Boot and see if things are any better.

AFAIK the root cause of the issues are that the Hydro Series 7289 USB Device driver fails to correctly handle power transitions and that Corsair need to fix this. I have been aware of this for over 12 months and my solution was to implement a work around in my software, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=857462.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived