Corsair Community

Incompatibility between equal memories? Vengeance 2x 8GB LPX DDR4 2400mhz

Takeda

Repair the photos, two apparently identical memories with different frequencies. This is normal?

When you first power on PC the 3-beeps motherboard and restart - sorry, by: Google translator

Memories bought in Brazil!!!

There is no way to guarantee that two modules sold separately would work together without testing. As they were not sold in the same package, they were not tested together.

The problem is that one of the modules only goes up to 2133mhz even using alone, while the other goes up to 2400mhz, I would like to know why one of them go only up to 2133mhz, being in the box says it goes up to 2400mhz.

Are you testing them one at a time in the same slot?

I got in touch with the support, they told me that the problem is in the Ryzen platform, which is very new, and the solution is to return both memories (2x8GB) and buy only one (1x16GB), that's what I'm going to do.

• Corsair Employee
I got in touch with the support, they told me that the problem is in the Ryzen platform, which is very new, and the solution is to return both memories (2x8GB) and buy only one (1x16GB), that's what I'm going to do.

Sorry for the confusion but what it's meant is to get a 16gb (2x8gb) KIT and not 2 modules separately that make up 16gb.

Archived