Hey, hey!

Guess I did miss it. Good luck!
Old 10-20-2018, 02:52 PM
eastman51's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977223
eastman51 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Do you have anything plugged in to your extension ports (MM800, ST100 and K70 all have additional ports)?

What I would do is start with the MM800 and remove devices one at a time.

My theory .. right now ... is that the MM800 is drawing too much power from that USB 2.0 port. IF that's the case, I suspect that swapping the Microphone with the MM800 would help. The microphone, from what I (quickly) Google'd, is a USB 2.0 device, isn't going to benefit from being on USB 3 and is a lower power draw. OR ... plug your MM800 into the USB 3 power where the Scimitar Pro RGB is now and plug the Scimitar into the MM800 (I have mine this way with a M65).
So, I swapped the MM800 and my mic. This has made a significant improvement. However, the ST100 still is randomly disconnecting, but its not affecting other devices. The ST100 will turn off, along with my keyboard lights. But the keyboard still functions and the lights come back on when the disconnect sound happens for the ST100.

I know that my Wifi adapter doesn't stay connected to Wifi when it is on USB 3.1. Maybe 3.1 is affecting the ST100 somehow?
Old 10-20-2018, 10:44 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977279
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Or maybe there's an issue with either the USB 3.1 drivers or the port itself.

By the way ... just because you had it plugged in like this on a different board doesn't mean that there isn't a potential issue with another board. The USB configuration (and the power going to them) could very well be different.

Now ... what about plugging the Scimitar into the MM800 and then plugging the MM800 into the port where the Scimitar is?

And ... ummm ... certainly beginning to look like it isn't an issue with iCue, eh?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-21-2018, 09:42 PM
eastman51's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977427
eastman51 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Or maybe there's an issue with either the USB 3.1 drivers or the port itself.

Now ... what about plugging the Scimitar into the MM800 and then plugging the MM800 into the port where the Scimitar is?

And ... ummm ... certainly beginning to look like it isn't an issue with iCue, eh?
Still not convinced it isn't iCUE. However, I also noticed that the ST100 disconnecting affected front panel USB 3.0; so there's that now. Why are you so determined to make me plug my mouse into the MM800??? This is like the 2nd or 3rd post about it.

I'm probably going to try moving a couple things to a 4-port USB 2.0 hub I have lying around. I'll try my mouse and mic in it for now.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:12 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977430
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastman51 View Post
Still not convinced it isn't iCUE. However, I also noticed that the ST100 disconnecting affected front panel USB 3.0; so there's that now. Why are you so determined to make me plug my mouse into the MM800??? This is like the 2nd or 3rd post about it.

I'm probably going to try moving a couple things to a 4-port USB 2.0 hub I have lying around. I'll try my mouse and mic in it for now.
I asked you to try it. It's called debugging.

I'm trying to walk you through things. You have your own ideas ... so go for it.

Peace out, dude.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.