The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2018, 11:12 AM
BarbieXL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976487
BarbieXL Reputation: 10
Default The Corsair 460X Case!

This medium tower from Corsair with the glass panel in the front and on the side looks really clean and nice. It comes with 3 SP120 fans in the front which are replaceable for any other 120 fans. I have gotten this case now for a year and i love it, but there's a down side really.

I've had 2 ATX Motherboards, a 1050 socket and a 1051 socket. Underneath the case you got those 2 panels to hide your HDD and Power supply, but those panels are not fitting in there when there is a motherboard. Is anyone else having this issue? Would love to hear a solution if there is one!

Old 10-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 976640
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieXL View Post
This medium tower from Corsair with the glass panel in the front and on the side looks really clean and nice. It comes with 3 SP120 fans in the front which are replaceable for any other 120 fans. I have gotten this case now for a year and i love it, but there's a down side really.

I've had 2 ATX Motherboards, a 1050 socket and a 1051 socket. Underneath the case you got those 2 panels to hide your HDD and Power supply, but those panels are not fitting in there when there is a motherboard. Is anyone else having this issue? Would love to hear a solution if there is one!
You mean 1150 and 1151 sockets* please specify which motherboard exactly. I have worked with this case numerous times, never have that issue. Maybe some pictures can help us understand your issue better as well.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:17 AM
BarbieXL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976768

I've got the MSI Carbon Z370 motherboard. One of my friends had the same thing. She wasn't able to put the big bottom part in there with the corsair logo. Here are some pictures, i hope you can find a solution:

On this picture you can see it would first of all be hard to connect the cables once the bottom is on there. It's also really close to the power supply which leaves the supply no airflow.

Number 1: This is a bit the part where it get's stuck. I can not get the bottom to fit in there.
Number 2: is the smaller bottom part that does fit.

Is there anything i can do? As is cant really move the motherboard up a little bit.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:02 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 976781
DevBiker Reputation: 76

It looks like your PSU is upside down. The fan vents are intake and should be on the bottom, where you have case venting as well.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:31 AM
BarbieXL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977056

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
It looks like your PSU is upside down. The fan vents are intake and should be on the bottom, where you have case venting as well.
But I find that weird. I mean I know my power supply is upside down, but when I turn it, all the logo's would be upside down haha.

Old 10-19-2018, 06:17 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977058
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbieXL View Post
all the logo's would be upside down haha.
but are they not the other way around on the other side of the PSU?? ;).. technically its to allow for top or bottom of case mounting options ;)...

Old 10-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Dajinn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 977168
Dajinn Reputation: 10

This probably doesn't seem obvious but you're not supposed to connect those bottom cables before you install the shroud. The shroud has like a weird cutout in the middle they're both installed that you run the cables through, to plug into the connectors. It's a lazy design for sure since they just recycled the 400C chassis and it doesn't look as clean.

Tags
460x corsair