Corsair Community

Vengeance RGB Pro - Doesn't remember settings upon reboot

worker714

I searched but I could not find an answer...

MSI X99A GAMING CARBON PRO Motherboard

i7 5820k 3.3Ghz cpu

CMW32GX4M4C3000C15 (4x8GB - 3000Mhz C15)

Okay, so when I first installed the RAM the motherboard (since it's an older model didn't really support the RGB RAM) it was not controlling them. I had to update the bios and then I was free to control the RAM. ALL works perfect, it sees it in iCUE, I can change settings.. all is fine. However when I shutdown / restart - the settings aren't remember. iCUE DOES boot with windows.. however sometimes it'll show 2 ram in iCUE, or just one.. it's random. Also the colors on the sticks.. ALL over the place, some off, some rainbow, some have the correct setting.

90% of the time if I go into iCUE and click restart it fixes the problem. Other times I have to completely restart again, with the issue showing itself.. again, then going into iCUE and restart manually.

I don't believe I should have to do this every time with iCUE starting with windows.. why doesn't it just apply the proper colors/modes the first time? Helpp :(

On startup I have the following run:

MSI Gaming APP (controls motherboard LED, and MSI related things)

MSI Afterburner (GPU control)

Core Temp (CPU temps)

Rainmeter (desktop widget app) uses Core Temp and MSI Afterburner to display my CPU/GPU temps among other things

iCUE

I guess I can disable these other things and start testing with a clean startup.. I believe I had done that (I used to not run anything MSI related or rainmeter, always had core temp, and have had this issue). But I can further test

• Corsair Employee
On startup I have the following run:

MSI Gaming APP (controls motherboard LED, and MSI related things)

MSI Afterburner (GPU control)

Core Temp (CPU temps)

Rainmeter (desktop widget app) uses Core Temp and MSI Afterburner to display my CPU/GPU temps among other things

iCUE

I guess I can disable these other things and start testing with a clean startup.. I believe I had done that (I used to not run anything MSI related or rainmeter, always had core temp, and have had this issue). But I can further test

Try uninstalling the gaming app.

After about 20 restarts I found it!

Gaming APP is disabled (I don't use MOBO LED's cause I have nice LL140's and Vengeance RGB RAM =]).

It was MSI Afterburner, it has monitoring options for the RAM (memory temp, memory speed, etc.) I disabled this, but let MSI afterburner still load upon startup (causes the ram RGB to hiccup a split second). But overall now is working as intended!

:) Happy!

• Corsair Employee
After about 20 restarts I found it!

Gaming APP is disabled (I don't use MOBO LED's cause I have nice LL140's and Vengeance RGB RAM =]).

It was MSI Afterburner, it has monitoring options for the RAM (memory temp, memory speed, etc.) I disabled this, but let MSI afterburner still load upon startup (causes the ram RGB to hiccup a split second). But overall now is working as intended!

:) Happy!

Many thanks for the update, 1st time I'm seeing this.

Archived