Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2018, 10:15 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971106
Dicehunter Reputation: 16
Default 570X Top Mounted 240mm AIO ?

As I haven't got one on hand I cannot check but is a 240mm AIO with 1 x set of fans compatible with the top of the 570X ?

Old 09-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 971479
Corsair Caliente Reputation: 15

Hey Dicehunter,

Yes you'll be fine with a 240 AIO as a top mount.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:48 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971480
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Caliente View Post
Hey Dicehunter,

Yes you'll be fine with a 240 AIO as a top mount.
Thanks very much

Old 09-08-2018, 02:58 PM
mmfish's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971931
mmfish Reputation: 15

With fans attached to the underside of the radiator you gotta make sure you have enough clearance above the installed RAM memory. With my 100 Iv2 and fans underneath the radiator I had remove the back left screw attaching the fan to the radiator for it to fit over the RGB vengeance Corsair memory.

Old 09-08-2018, 03:06 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971932
Zotty Reputation: 52

will fit fine.. but Push/Pull can be an issue with heatsinks and Ram clearance... people have been known to remove 'material' from the fans to get them in lol

but.. its a 570x....

H150i pro in the front all the way...

made for each other

Old 09-23-2018, 11:29 PM

POST ID # = 973949
j_thunders Reputation: 10

If only they sold the H150i pro without the fans. The sp120 fans sold with the h150i pro kit already come with the 570x case. Corsair oughta sell the H150i pro kit without the fans for a discount to people who are buying the 570x case.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:39 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 973951
DevBiker Reputation: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_thunders View Post
If only they sold the H150i pro without the fans. The sp120 fans sold with the h150i pro kit already come with the 570x case. Corsair oughta sell the H150i pro kit without the fans for a discount to people who are buying the 570x case.
The H150i comes with ML fans, not SP. BIG difference.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-24-2018, 02:29 PM

POST ID # = 974045

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The H150i comes with ML fans, not SP. BIG difference.
I see. So how about this: Buy the H150i which comes with the 3 ML fans, keep the three SP fans at the front of the case (570x), and then take the ML fans off the H150i to use for the top of the case (2x) and the rear (1x) and mount the radiator on the inside at the front of the case. Will that work? The SP's will be cooling the radiator at intake, and a total of six fans, so control of all six with a commander pro without using any splitters.

The only issue I see is that I'd need to get two fan hubs because the LED faq says that SP and ML fans cannot be used on the same fan hub.

Thank you for the response!

Old 09-24-2018, 03:34 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974056
c-attack Reputation: 96

The ML-Quiet grey fans that come with the H150i are not RGB, so there will be no need for a lighting hub. Just a regular fan. You won’t be able to control the SP-RGB from the H150i controller, but you have solved that by using the Commander Pro that can control dc fans and use coolant temperature as the control source.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:18 PM

POST ID # = 974063

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
The ML-Quiet grey fans that come with the H150i are not RGB, so there will be no need for a lighting hub. Just a regular fan. You won’t be able to control the SP-RGB from the H150i controller, but you have solved that by using the Commander Pro that can control dc fans and use coolant temperature as the control source.
Got it. I'm thinking to run with this then. I'm building for my son who wants lots of bling but I'm trying hard to set him up with something that is as future proof as possible and/or that gives him as many options as possible for the next few years while at the same time not breaking the bank on the initial build. The way I look at it, as long as I have the Commander Pro I can add and upgrade to better RGB fans and LED strips and whatever else as he earns them in the future. The LED lightshow on the motherboard will have to suffice for now.

You guys must get tired of answering the same questions over and over. Thanks for chiming in.

Last edited by j_thunders; 09-24-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:34 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974082

Quote:

You guys must get tired of answering the same questions over and over. Thanks for chiming in.

Personally I enjoy helping and certainly get satisfaction knowing my FAQ thread helps people :). Glad you are sorted dude.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 AM

POST ID # = 974089

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Personally I enjoy helping and certainly get satisfaction knowing my FAQ thread helps people :). Glad you are sorted dude.
Thanks a ton. Your contributions to this forum and community far exceed any call of duty. This stuff is more than a bit daunting to the uninitiated. When you first start looking at the Commander Pro, the Lighting Node Pro, the fan hubs, the differences between all the fans, etc., and how they all fit together, or don't, none of it makes any kind of intuitive sense. Corsair's information on these subjects doesn't really do much to help people who are not naturally computer people, like me. From what I've read, DevBiker, c-attack and Zotty should all be on Corsair's payroll. IMO, Corsair owes all of you a huge debt. You guys responding to mine (and others') posts have saved me a ton of time and have greatly flattened my learning curve. Most appreciated. Truly.

Last edited by j_thunders; 09-25-2018 at 02:37 AM.

Old 09-25-2018, 02:48 AM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974092

Quote:
Thanks a ton. Your contributions to this forum and community far exceed any call of duty.
Wouldn't have it any other way bud. I remember being in need of help/info when buying my fist rgb fans and struggling to find the 'Facts' all in one place

Quote:
This stuff is more than a bit daunting to the uninitiated. When you first start looking at the Commander Pro, the Lighting Node Pro, the fan hubs, the differences between all the fans, etc., and how they all fit together, or don't, none of it makes any kind of intuitive sense. Corsair's information on these subjects doesn't really do much to help people who are not naturally computer people, like me.
Massively so. I also help out on Reddit and other site's and its the same all over. the 'normal' folk truly out number those that know.. if that makes sense

Quote:
DevBiker, c-attack
I stand in awe of those guys.. I learn something new every day.

Quote:
should all be on Corsair's payroll. IMO, Corsair owes you guys a huge debt. You guys responding to mine (and others') posts have saved me a ton of time and have greatly flattened my learning curve. Most appreciated. Truly.
I help.. we help... they help. (I have to thank Corsair James and Greybeard for many reasons I cant cover here lol) its all Gravy :) ..

as for Payroll.. I would jump at the chance to apply this full time. it's what i do. unfortunately i am trapped in a job i struggle with but it pays the bills. who knows where the future leads though.. one can only dream hahaha

anyways.. thanks for the input buddy.. nice to know we are appreciated :)

Last edited by Zotty; 09-25-2018 at 02:52 AM.