The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 12:22 PM

POST ID # = 952316
Kaves Reputation: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post

but keep up talking about it... the more that talk the more likely it is to speed up the process...
Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

I've made up my mind. Forget buying a case, I'll just go with a workstation laptop and connect it to 3 external monitors.

Corsair, stop dangling the carrot in front of your loyal customers. I'm certain there are hundreds more like me who hold out and refuse to buy from your competitors just because we stand by you and your products. But don't tease a product in magazines, on YouTube and at shows, and then expect your customers to understand why nothing has been released a year later.

No, let's redirect their attention to other product releases like the Carbide 275R or iCue...okay, so what? Maybe the 500D SE or the 1000D is not good for your bottom line. If that's the case, say so. Some of us want your products for professional work purposes, not just gaming. So when you continue to delay product releases that you've convinced your customers would be already be available, remember that you're also hurting their bottom line.

Old 04-27-2018, 05:25 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952372
Zotty Reputation: 52

Fair Comment if that's your stand point.

But ultimately.

Hype/buzz

Call it what You will

Keep up the good work lol... it all adds to the urgency of this Product line being needed asap.

Food For Thought..

Do You think Corsair want to miss out on

A, supplying such awesome products?

B, Making profits from said product lines which in turn funds other 'Concepts'?

something is slowing things down it's as simple as that dude... all we can do is hope it happens ;)

Last edited by Zotty; 05-02-2018 at 06:11 AM.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 952391
Greybeard Reputation: 14

I totally understand where you're coming from, I'd probably feel the same being in the same situation. I do appreciate you standing behind our products, how I wish I could make a comment about this, unfortunately I can't.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:46 AM

POST ID # = 952416
Arasvolodka Reputation: 10

Man this is painful... I got some extra cash from the tax return so I'm planning on starting my build. The Obsidian 500D se is the only case I really want. It's either that or the new Lian Li Der Bauer which is a distant 2nd. If there's no announcement soon then I gotta part ways with my plan.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:58 AM

POST ID # = 953023
bigdoguk Reputation: 10

Same here sold my 570x so now I'm caseless again waiting on this case.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:08 AM

POST ID # = 953024
Clar1ty Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoguk View Post
Same here sold my 570x so now I'm caseless again waiting on this case.
I was in the same situation, was caseless since june 2017 waiting on the obsidian 1000d. I finally took thermaltake view 91. I think corsair won’t release either the 500d se nor the 1000d. One year later and no news, if they wanted to release it they would already done it. Either theres a problem with the yields of the front curved tempered glass and/or the cost doesn’t cover corsair profit. Anyways, don’t wait much longer, these will be abandonned.

Old 05-04-2018, 09:03 AM

POST ID # = 953269
jcheat007 Reputation: 10

Corsair project roof tile

Old 05-07-2018, 02:10 PM
Ish_D's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953680
Ish_D Reputation: 10

it would be nice to see some purchasing options like the 470x. a case with the RGB fans and a case without the RGB Fans so buyers can choose the price point that is relevant to their purchasing needs. I'm sure there will be many people who have a commander pro or LL fans by now and should be forced to have to pay for it again.

Old 05-31-2018, 01:21 PM
jphelps23's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956855
jphelps23 Reputation: 10

Been following this for awhile and scouring the internet looking for any response from Corsair but nothing, gave up this bs waiting game and the unprofessionalism from Corsair so I went ahead and ordered a NZXT case. WAKE UP corsair and realize you're driving people to other companies!

Old 05-31-2018, 01:22 PM
jphelps23's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956857
jphelps23 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
I totally understand where you're coming from, I'd probably feel the same being in the same situation. I do appreciate you standing behind our products, how I wish I could make a comment about this, unfortunately I can't.
Is there no one that works for Corsair that can acknowledge/respond to this issue? Why show something off then never talk about it again or keep people informed with what's going on..

Old 05-31-2018, 02:24 PM
iCue βeta Team
solarity's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956866
solarity Reputation: 20

Anything that is shown at CES is not a guarantee of delivery. It is more testing the waters of different concepts, just like a lot of concept cars at the Detroit Auto Show. Some systems that were shown at CES that have since come out have had some small changes as generally a lot of those systems are proof of concepts/prototypes. A case is just a case, I wouldn't sell my current case in anticipation of something that may or may not be released. All of the other companies do it to. Some companies release their products to big fan fare too early, screw up with no air flow and a lot of design flaws, then redesign it and re-release it a few months later. I won't mention any company names, but Gamer's Nexus has a field day with that one. Honestly I would be more upset buying a case only to find out it was lacking a lot of forethought.

Take CES concepts/prototypes with a grain of salt. Don't get your hopes up. If you want something more tangible, the best sign that something is a couple of weeks/months around the corner is when multiple tech tubers get their hands on early release samples.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Corsair all my opinions are my own.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:06 PM

POST ID # = 956878
sha33 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphelps23 View Post
Is there no one that works for Corsair that can acknowledge/respond to this issue? Why show something off then never talk about it again or keep people informed with what's going on..
I can tell you what is going on !
As you know the same thing happened with the 1000D. Corsair had problem with the curved tempered glass front, so they released the case with flat front glass instead.

They have the same problem with the 500D SE. In my opinion, they will be no SE version, because they can't mass produce curved TG. And they can't do the same treatement as the 1000D, because that would be considered as a crystal 570x with the flat front glass.

Only option corsair have is to used curved acrylic instead, but that would look very cheap, compared to TG. Unless they come with a solution to produce the curved TG, my opinion is there will be no SE version.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:27 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956911

Quote:
Is there no one that works for Corsair that can acknowledge/respond to this issue?
Nope.. Company Policy not to talk about unreleased products dude :(

Old 05-31-2018, 07:29 PM
iCue βeta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956913

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarity View Post
Take CES concepts/prototypes with a grain of salt. Don't get your hopes up. If you want something more tangible, the best sign that something is a couple of weeks/months around the corner is when multiple tech tubers get their hands on early release samples.
Exactly this!,, perfect reply :)

Old 06-01-2018, 01:20 AM

POST ID # = 956937
Eyun123 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Been following this for awhile and scouring the internet looking for any response from Corsair but nothing, gave up this bs waiting game and the unprofessionalism from Corsair so I went ahead and ordered a NZXT case. WAKE UP corsair and realize you're driving people to other companies!
Yeah my exact thoughts, the wait is too long. I will be buying a different case unfortunately.