Corsair Community

K70 RGB stuck color led issue

tsstarr94

I've tried everything, restarting, unplugging the keyboard, uninstalling and reinstalling the software while cleaning out my registry before reinstalling etc. Deleting the colored profiles and everything. I tried hitting "Play foreground" once and it worked and fixed the stuck color before but now it seems to be permanent.

My R key is stuck at a permanent light blue color when it's supposed to be white, and a dark red color when it's supposed to be red etc. I can only assume the keyboard is dysfunctional but I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else ran into this issue, and if you have, how did you resolve it? Has it occurred again afterwards? Does Corsair know about this issue?

Don't really want to be disappointed by this keyboard as it's lovely, but.. come on, really? It feels like getting a really nice monitor and having a dead/stuck pixel. If you need any more information let me know.

It is in a group, remove it from there and then try to clear it.

i've removed it from the group and cleared everything and the problem still persists

that being said..

i THINK one way to resolve this issue (after trial and error trying to find something that makes the jacked up color go away) is to just go to options and disable lighting > re-enabling it, so far so good but we'll see..

Alright, so you did have it assigned to a group.

-In that profile, how many "modes" do you have?

-Is the group configuration the same in all if any others?

-Can you put change profiles and put a rainbow effect on? (manually.. via taskbar)

-Do the keys still look bad?

Alright, so you did have it assigned to a group.

-In that profile, how many "modes" do you have?

-Is the group configuration the same in all if any others?

-Can you put change profiles and put a rainbow effect on? (manually.. via taskbar)

-Do the keys still look bad?

..it wasn't assigned to a group lol.

in the profile i use (rainbow wave one available on these forums) it has no modes

not sure? elaborate?

yes i can

no they don't

the settings > device > 'disable lighting' checkmark for the entire keyboard being disabled then enabled fixed the issue.

i'll bump it again if the issue shows up again, but otherwise it's fixed now.

• 6 months later...
Hello, I have exactly the same issue that you had. I have tried everything but it is not going away. I disabled the lightning than enabled it, but still the same. When I click the "Standard Settings" option on the software, some keys have a light blue colour as you said. And even if I clear all lightning settings, those keys are still light blue. I also tried the keyboard on my laptop, issue persists. I don't know what else I can do, please help me if you have any ideas.

• Corsair Employee

Hard to see in that picture but if anyone of you have an issue with a LED, ensure the following:

1.) Updated to latest FW (1.15).

2.) Create a new profile to start from scratch and see if the LED stays on.

3.) If it does, create a RMA and have our Tech Support assist you with additional trouble-shooting or a replacement.

• 2 months later...
I've tried everything, restarting, unplugging the keyboard, uninstalling and reinstalling the software while cleaning out my registry before reinstalling etc. Deleting the colored profiles and everything. I tried hitting "Play foreground" once and it worked and fixed the stuck color before but now it seems to be permanent.

My R key is stuck at a permanent light blue color when it's supposed to be white, and a dark red color when it's supposed to be red etc. I can only assume the keyboard is dysfunctional but I have no idea what to do. Has anyone else ran into this issue, and if you have, how did you resolve it? Has it occurred again afterwards? Does Corsair know about this issue?

Don't really want to be disappointed by this keyboard as it's lovely, but.. come on, really? It feels like getting a really nice monitor and having a dead/stuck pixel. If you need any more information let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the Same issue! The Letter B on my keyboard goes haywire and it changes the color its supposed to be to a Light Bluish color. there is definitely something wrong going on with it..must be hardware or at the least some software anomaly. Did anyone find a solution? and how do you do a RMA authorization? does corsair cover the return and exchange of this keyboard in case of it being faulty?

• 4 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
I got the same issue as well, quite a few of my keys got a barely visible yellow or red tone and X is stuck on light blue, numpad 8 was stuck on pink but now it's slightly pink again

Has anyone found a way to fix this yet?

If you have already try reinstalling CUE with removing the APPDATA folder, contact support to do a hard reset to see if it will fix the issue.

• 4 years later...