The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-28-2018, 08:08 AM
VallieGirl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974514
VallieGirl Reputation: 10
Default CPU cooling RGB light not working

So Improvement I was able to get all my lights to light up on my RGB ll120 fans I was able to get them to spin and I could get the light for the logo on the front to light up as well so far so good. However I'm now having issues with the CPU RGB not lighting up period for the more I'm getting a CPU fan speed error. I'm not sure if this has to do with me unplugging some of the connections initially had for the front radiator fans on the motherboard. Right now I have the standard RGB Hub there along with the commander. I'm going to post the link below if anyone has any insights what I can do here too make this work. I have all the RGB plugs in the RGB Hub and then I had all the fan connections connected to the fan in the commander. But I think I need to change something here.

I read the documentation on this site had tried to follow but I'm still a little confused so if you have any insight from what I can do in this case that would be great

http://imgur.com/gallery/iEaF40V

Old 09-28-2018, 05:40 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 974574
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallieGirl View Post
So Improvement I was able to get all my lights to light up on my RGB ll120 fans I was able to get them to spin and I could get the light for the logo on the front to light up as well so far so good. However I'm now having issues with the CPU RGB not lighting up period for the more I'm getting a CPU fan speed error. I'm not sure if this has to do with me unplugging some of the connections initially had for the front radiator fans on the motherboard. Right now I have the standard RGB Hub there along with the commander. I'm going to post the link below if anyone has any insights what I can do here too make this work. I have all the RGB plugs in the RGB Hub and then I had all the fan connections connected to the fan in the commander. But I think I need to change something here.

I read the documentation on this site had tried to follow but I'm still a little confused so if you have any insight from what I can do in this case that would be great

http://imgur.com/gallery/iEaF40V
The cooler has a SATA connector, did you plug that in?

Old 09-28-2018, 06:54 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 974581
DevBiker Reputation: 76

OK, you got some bad information on your post and a couple of things going on here.

There is a 3-pin fan connector coming off of that pump. Contrary to what one poster said, that should go on the CPU_FAN header on your motherboard. The person telling you to put it on AIO_PUMP is dead wrong.

Second, the fan connectors that you showed in the video are to control the fan speed for the fans on the radiator. You should connect the fan speed headers to those 3 4-pin fan connectors that are currently empty.

Finally, as Corsair StormShadow mentioned, you should make sure that the pump is connected to a SATA connection coming from your power supply. This is a wide, flat connector and can only be plugged in one way. This is required to provide power to the pump ... which it doesn't look like it currently has.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.