Corsair Community

Commander Pro Voltage Readings

Drag0n

Not sure where to post this, in the power supply, or here, but I don't have a corsair power supply so I'm posting it here. In the graphing tab of my commander pros section, it has the 12v, 5v, and 3.3v readings, and they seem very wrong, here's what I mean:

7cdf62c918ec7be38fb64e98bec5febc.png

What can I do about this? Should I be worried that my computer will blow up?

That is quite wrong.

Question - are you using any kind of adapter? Splitter? Anything other than a direct SATA connection? Have you check the voltage on the actual SATA connector?

I have my SATA power coming directly from the power supply, no adapters anywhere. The closest thing I have to an adapter in my system is 4 cable extensions for MB power, 8+6 pin PCI-E power, and CPU power cables. The extensions wernt too expensive, but I doubt they could cause those strange numbers.

EDIT: How do I check voltage on the SATA connector?

Another question then ... are you using cables that actually came with the PSU? And what PSU do you have?

It's tough test SATA cables with a multimeter - the connectors are just too narrow. One thing that I've done is I have several SATA extension with the different rails cut where I can put a multimeter in to test amperage and voltage. Another option is a PSU tester like the DR Power II - this will give you voltage readings on the SATA headers as well.

Finally - before I forget to ask because this could be important too - are you running any other monitoring tools, specifically any tools that will read Corsair values? HWInfo, for example, or AIDA.

Another question then ... are you using cables that actually came with the PSU? And what PSU do you have?

It's tough test SATA cables with a multimeter - the connectors are just too narrow. One thing that I've done is I have several SATA extension with the different rails cut where I can put a multimeter in to test amperage and voltage. Another option is a PSU tester like the DR Power II - this will give you voltage readings on the SATA headers as well.

Finally - before I forget to ask because this could be important too - are you running any other monitoring tools, specifically any tools that will read Corsair values? HWInfo, for example, or AIDA.

Yes I am using the cables that came with the PSU, it’s an EVGA 750 G3. I don’t think I even have a multimeter. The only other monitoring software I have, and I think I had it open at the time of the picture, is MSI Afterburner. I’m currently on vacation, so I can’t see if the problem fixed its self, so I’ll see on the 4th I guess.

Just got home this morning, and was about to change the cable, but decided to double check my numbers before I dissemble my PC. And...

0c609447cd55b0cfd57d75e00f098027.png

Guess it fixed its self? The best kind of fix. Ill keep my eye on the readings and see if anything goes bad again. Thanks for your help!

Archived