Corsair Community

Only 2 out of 3 HD fans lighting up

Kasu

Only two out of my 3 HD fans are lighting up, two are 140 and the other 120, one of the 140's is not lighting up, i tried moving the connections around on the lighting node, and it seems to make the other light up, but then the one that was lit now unlit.. My kit only arrived today, so i don't have much experience with it, is it possible my node controller is damaged? It would seem like its the third port that is not lighting up..

And when you swap fan on port 1 with the fan on port 3, the same fans work and the same fans are out?

What about when you switch fan 2 with fan 1? What happens then?

These fans run in a series. So if something is wrong with fan 2, it could take out fan 3; you won't know this unless you switch them all around.

I've swapped them all around, and which ever fan is in the first port works fine along with the second, i did notice a oddity with one, which made only the first fan work, but it no longer seems to be happening.

I'm really unsure of what is actually going on with them, i'll try switching them around a little more.

I think at this point we want to determine if it's a fan or if it's the hub.

Since the fans work in a series ... each fan passes the signal down the line ... one fan in the line can cause the ones after it in the series to go out - like Christmas lights. It's also entirely possible for a fan to fully light up but not pass the signal along.

The fan hub is, essentially, a dumb device that merely passes the signal along and provides power. It's also possible that it's gone out.

After i moved the second and third pins to the first and second port, only one of the fans is showing up ( The first one, which was the second ).

Is is maybe the second fan causing issues?

Archived