Corsair Community

AX860i questions

workline

Dear Corsair community, i have opened this thread to ask 2 questions about my new AX860i purchased three days ago.

1)I have noticed that when the pc is running doing nothing, the PSU fan activate itself for 2/3 seconds than stops, than stay silent and quiet for one minute, than again try to activate and runs for 2/3 seconds than stops, and so every 1 minute for all the windows sessions. Is it normal?

2)Other thing i have noticed is under the corsair link dashboard software v 2.2.0 i can read cpu, gpu and ssd temp but i don't have the tab POWER to control my psu, i only have the tab system, groups, graph and options but from a image search in google i see there is a POWER tab that i don't see. I'm running Win 8 PRO 64bit. I miss something? i'm using the usb ilink dongle that seems to works because it show temp and fan of cpu and gpu and ssd but showing nothing about PSU.

Could someone tells me something about my two questions? thanks to all

ok i start an RMA with te same questions, but i think the problem is related to te ilink dongle, seems to remeber that first time i turn on pc there was no problem, the day after i installed the software, the driver and the dongle. This weekend i'll make some test uninstalling driver software and dongle to see and let you know. Thanks

ok i start an RMA with te same questions, but i think the problem is related to te ilink dongle,

It's possible and if that's the case they can replace just the dongle. But again it may be because there is no windows 8 support as of yet for the link software.

Have you tried to run it in WIN7 compat mode?

ok i think i have resolved replacing the usb dongle with another i have in my shop, using the new dongle under corsair dashborad appears the power tab showing me perfectly the ax860i graph and the fan is working perfectly activating itself only when i push up my pc (video editing, game) and stay quiet to 0 rpm when the pc is idle mode. the dashborad works perfectly also not using win7 compatibility mode, works great in win8 pro 64bit, also the usb dongle driver corsair link. i'll make some other test during this weekend just to let you know. thanks

Archived