Corsair Community

Tx750 fan not working, help please ?!

tlaberti

Hey guys!

I have a CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply and tried the paper clip test with poor results. We put the clip in the green and black (ground) wire, like every video tells us and we get zero fan spin from the PSU. After trying it in the green and all of the black inputs, same results. Finally, I hooked up a cheap little extra side fan (like a fan that comes with a tower) to the PSU, then did the paper clip setup again to see if the side fan would receive any power, AND IT DID! but the fan on the PSU continued to not work. Is there a reason why the power to the side fan is working, but the PSU fan isn't spinning? maybe because it's not under enough of a work load?

If you just purchased it, then you have a fanless model that only spins if it gets warm enough and/or the load gets high enough.

I noticed you are a Corsair employee. The model I purchased from newegg said it's supposed to be a V2, yet it doesn't say v2 anywhere on the box. I'm only saying this because apparently v1 are basically non-functional, most of them are RMA'd (from the recent reviews i have been reading). So you mentioned that i 'just' purchased it (which i did in the last 2 weeks), does that mean it's a newer model like v2, possibly v3? if so, where would i look to find that it's actually one of those newer models? And, do all newer models do the same thing my PSU is doing (the PSU fan not running unless it's under a real workload, not just a little tower fan like i mentioned above)?

Archived