Corsair Community

TX750W Power reboots/resets

booth

This system reboots when jarring (lightly) case, touching power supply cables, and simply randomly. Event Viewer reports "critical failure" as Event ID 41, source "Kernal Power". Power cables and power sources outside of case all checked/changed: problem remains. All cable connections (internal) have been checked/re-secured, including to MB. Long time issue (occurred ocasionally from time system was built one year ago)...getting more often. Is it power supply (12 months old)? Feels like "short" somehow occurs..but can't find internal source and nothing about MB mounting is not kosher that I can see.

• Corsair Employee

The error "Event ID 41, source "Kernal Power" is a issue with the HDD normally but a PSU issue.

BU&t I would check the connections unplug them and plug them back in. If that does not solve the issue then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

Dear Ram Guy:

Thank you for the response and the RMA offer. I think you meant to write "not" related to HDD...and, as the problem statement indicated, all connections were checked and rechecked (and replaced in some cases).

The same day (later) the problem was submitted, stumbled onto a "solution" in a different context. The bios for the board (version 0537 - 07/23/2012) has a rather arcane (to me) setting under the "Power" tab called "Flash Update Step Delay": default is "disable": I set it to "enable": the problem has not re-occurred. The verbiage in the bios related to this setting is as follows: "If set to Enable, the system will sleep for 20 seconds during the flash update power cycle. Enabling this feature may increase compatibility with power supplies".

I have my fingers crossed.

I thought that, too (no bearing): but it's been stable 24/7 since the setting was changed.....can rap the case, rattle the cables etc and just keeps going. Perhaps it will die today, or tomorrow, and start same symptoms...but good to go so far.

Thanks again.

Archived