Corsair Community

CPU cooling functioning as normal?

Galanek

Hello all,

Sorry to follow up with another question so soon. I wanted to check that my CPU cooler is functioning as it should. I'm currently rendering in 3D which of course is loading my CPU to the brim, but, I'm not sure if my radiator / CPU / Case fan are behaving as they should under the temperature and load.

I've attached a screenshot of my Corsair Link so that it can be confirmed if this is how it should be.

My CPU fan does not seem to wind up much at all and the coolant seems to be reporting a very cool temperature given the load and temperature of the CPU.

Can someone please confirm if this is normal?

419508955_2018-06-0323_25_33-CorsairLink4.thumb.png.f4dce9fb7e0c1b9b025d8af2504b91c0.png

Seems ok to me if you are rendering. The cooler is at its max as the case fan is at top speed. The 8700K is a hot potato. Usually 90degC is when the CPU start throttling. Check if when you finish rendering the temps go down quickly to 40-50degC and then you CPU refrigeration is working as it should. You could improve the cooling though.

->

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=168574

• Corsair Employee
Hello all,

Sorry to follow up with another question so soon. I wanted to check that my CPU cooler is functioning as it should. I'm currently rendering in 3D which of course is loading my CPU to the brim, but, I'm not sure if my radiator / CPU / Case fan are behaving as they should under the temperature and load.

I've attached a screenshot of my Corsair Link so that it can be confirmed if this is how it should be.

My CPU fan does not seem to wind up much at all and the coolant seems to be reporting a very cool temperature given the load and temperature of the CPU.

Can someone please confirm if this is normal?

Rendering tax heavily on your CPU cores, so yea that temperature is typical.

Archived