Corsair Community

PSU EPS 4+4 CPU Modular Cable too Short

Nevets

Bought a Corsair AX860i Modular Platinum series PSU and I have a Phanteks Enthoo Pro MSE Computer Case and the 4+4 pin CPU cable is too short. Sent in a ticket to Corsair Customer Support and they told me that they did not have a solution and not to use extension cables.

Hello STEVEN,

Regarding this the cable that comes in this series of PSU has a standard cable length and even if we replace it with what comes with the box it will still be the same. We don't suggest and also have an extension cause it may cause errors as well.

Thank you

About a week later, I got another response from Corsair:

Hi Steven,

As per check with our parts and accessories for your psu we actually dont have that kind of extension cable as we do not recommend it to use. What i could recommend for you to look at is you may consider to purchase this part number @ CP-8920049 and on this link @ https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Professional-Individually-sleeved-DC-Cable-Kit%2C-Type-3-%28Generation-2%29%2C-RED/p/CP-8920049

This allows you to have a longer cable and be able to connect the EPS to your board.

Thanks

Great solution Corsair.....

Archived