The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2019, 07:01 PM

POST ID # = 994265
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Go to Settings and select Restart iCUE Services.

It's probably still reading, but can't be modified. Other people are telling me that's normal.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Nefasto's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994268
Nefasto Reputation: 10

then. Restarting iCUE no longer detects the AIO but the rgb leds are always on. Despite this, the disconnection of all USB takes place the same, with less frequency but it happens the same. In the game I have an annoying microstutter, even this is the fault of the icue peripherals? Closing the program the microstutter remains.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:13 PM

POST ID # = 994285

If you close the program and still have the issue, it's unrelated to iCUE. iCUE's driver's don't run if the program is off.

The RGB's will be on as long as the cooler is getting power.

The microstutters could be related to a conflicting system driver somewhere.... Huh, can I get a screenshot of your task manager Performance tab with a game running?
Old 02-15-2019, 05:27 AM

POST ID # = 994318
cryptochrome Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
If you close the program and still have the issue, it's unrelated to iCUE. iCUE's driver's don't run if the program is off.
This is simply not true. Please don't try to blame the issue on something else again.

I can confirm that simply shutting down iCUE won't fully resolve the issues. They get less, but they are still present.

The only thing that actually helps stop the problem is uninstalling iCUE. As soon as you do this, all problems will be gone. Which is undeniable evidence that it is iCUE that is at fault here.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:54 AM
Nefasto's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994321

Ok, I did various tests. Disconnecting the USB cable from the AIO is not enough. Frequent crashes and reboots of USB were the same. I had to disconnect both the polaris pad mouse and the base headset in order to no longer crash, leaving the keyboard, mouse and wireless headphones connected with open icue. The microstutter is much diminished but still present. I will do other tests. What I do not understand is why I have all these problems when I have two of my friends who have my own Corsair peripherals and have no problem. I have ryzen, their Intel, can this be the problem? Or maybe it depends on the motherboard manufacturer as gigabyte or msi?
Old 02-15-2019, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 994363

@Nefasto
Try updating to this if you haven't: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...-7-wifi_f8.zip

Download and install this as well: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...8.10.20.02.zip
Old 02-16-2019, 02:00 AM
Nefasto's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994442

So ... First of all thank you for the answers, very kind! In particular, thanks @Corsair Calico Jack.
It can be said that every day now I go on the gigabyte site to update the AMD bios and drivers and the beauty is that in the notes of the last bios there is written "Improve USB device compatibility" ... lol. However, by uninstalling iCUE (simply from the control panel, uninstall program) everything is solved. What annoys me is that I moved to Corsair after having had all the RAZER devices and now I have to redo the change again. Currently only the K95 keyboard and the Glaive mouse do not create a constant restart of the USB ports, even the Void Pro Wireless headphones do not create problems but without iCUE and therefore without being able to customize the equalizer in my opinion they become useless. All this with the AIO H100i disconnected from USB. What I still can not understand is based on what triggers this incompatibility? The motherboard? I have read of people with my identical motherboard not having problems, as I read people who have switched from AMD to INTEL changing everything, except the CORSAIR peripherals and having the exact same problems. Maybe iCUE has problems with other installed software? I also tried a new windows installation putting only the video card's Nvidia drivers and the problem remained. I do not know, I'm very disappointed with Corsair.
Now I wonder, I have this problem since I installed the H100i PRO but also by unplugging the USB cable I was left. Others since they have it? Is it a relatively new problem or has it been known for a long time? Is there any hope of waiting for a solution or is this situation going too far?
Old 02-16-2019, 12:53 PM
cplifj's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994521
cplifj Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
^^^ I might actually suggest the above.

Honestly, this most likely happens because of poor USB controls in Windows caused by older driver's. I would suggest ensuring that you have the latest USB driver's from your motherboards website. Also might want to try a complete clean reinstall of iCUE.

First, locate the iCUE installation folders in Windows and delete them manually:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Corsair
C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

Then locate the various registry keys related to iCUE. These can be modified by opening the program RegEdit, which comes default in Windows. Just open your START menu on the bottom left of the screen, and type "Regedit". Then you need to delete these two folders:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair

That will generally get you around the error.
There are only microsoft drivers. But sure , it ain't corsairs fault if they want to take over and dictate all of the usb goings on on our pc. Up to the point they might be screwing non corsair devices on their controlled usb.

I just got a psychotic episode thanks to the constant usb diconnect / connect sounds during windows boot. Really, THANK YOU CORSAIR for doing the same as they all do, trying to get people into your ecosystem and screwing everything to get it done.

Serriously, your software has never kept itself to standards, it feels like one of those old games that need hacks and hooks to get themself to work.

Also any other monitoring software uses about 0 to 1 % cpu, yours can't do it without at least 10% cpu, you're a joke corsair.

Last edited by cplifj; 02-16-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:21 PM
Nefasto's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994523

I wanted to reconnect all the Corsair peripherals, also attaching the USB cable of the AIO H100i Pro. I went into the motherboard bios setting CPU / OPT FAN on PWN and ... now everything is fine, even reinstalling iCUE. Probably at the next reboot all the problems of disconnection connection will come back, as well as the microstutter ... I still do not understand why my friends have no problem despite having my own Corsair peripherals.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:58 AM
Jesso2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994698
Jesso2k Reputation: 10

I figured out my usb intermittent failures finally! It's been a couple days since the last time my PC went through an automatic windows update which is when my problems started happening so I've been focusing on that as the cause.

It was Windows all along. Follow the 2nd half of this vid for the fix that worked for me:

I had already been stopping windows from putting my usb controllers to sleep under power management, but didn't think to adjust the HID settings, including the Corsair one listed in device manager.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:22 AM

POST ID # = 994716
Sebastian84 Reputation: 10

Uninstalling iCUE did the trick for me. No more flickering, no more usb disconnects.
I cant change the colors but atleast the standard theme is beautiful too.

Eagerly waiting for a fix now.

Ive rated the product two stars on all major websites and wont change it until the product finally runs without issues.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:48 AM
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994720
Glzmo Reputation: 10

It's definitely a bug with the latest iCue Software.

Try this workaround and see if it works for you.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:59 AM
Nefasto's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994823

From Corsair:

"Thanks for bringing this up. If you've recently updated your iCUE to the latest version, please uninstall it for now and run a registry cleaner such as the ccleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Once you're done clearing the registry, download and install the latest version of iCUE again or use this one instead http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...93_release.msi

Let us know if this works. "

I try.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:51 PM
didjaexpectthat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994885
didjaexpectthat Reputation: 10

I have a K95 RGB Platinum, VOID PRO, MM800 RGB Polaris, ST100 RGB, and M65 RGB.
On reboot, everything works fine... but after some time, iCUE loses contact with one of the devices... Most times, it's my M65 mouse, but sometimes it is my ST100 also. Boo....

iCUE 3.12.118. Happened on last few builds, too...

I would rather it work sometimes than not work at all... but seriously, Corsair... need to figure out what the problem is here.

[edit] My logs are almost 9MB, too big to attach here.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:24 PM
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 994890
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefasto View Post
From Corsair:

"Thanks for bringing this up. If you've recently updated your iCUE to the latest version, please uninstall it for now and run a registry cleaner such as the ccleaner https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download

Once you're done clearing the registry, download and install the latest version of iCUE again or use this one instead http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...93_release.msi

Let us know if this works. "

I try.
Thanks. That sadly didn't work for me. iCue 3.9.93 from the link you posted still crashes again and again and thus causes USB disconnects on my all the time while Steam is running and at times just idle at the desktop.

Edit 1: I also tried iCue 3.8.91 I found on the web, that sadly isn't much better either.

Edit 2: Tried iCue 3.10.125, also the same issue.

Edit 3: Tried iCue (or rather "Corsair Utility Engine" as it's still called in this version) 3.2.87, this seems to get rid of the disconnect/reconnects, but my H115i RGB Platinum isn't detected by this version at all (probably not supported), so I can't really use it (and perhaps it wouldn't help either). Does anybody know which the earliest version of iCue that supports the H115i RGB Platinum is?

Edit 4: Tried iCue 3.11.114, still the same USB disconnect/reconnect problems due to iCue crashing, especially when running Steam.

Edit 5: Back to the latest iCue 3.12.118. Still disconnecting. No betterment in sight. Back to using this workaround to prevent USB Disconnects until Corsair can fix their iCue Software or a better solution is found.

I wonder if it's a Firmware issue. Does anybody know where to find older firmware releases for the H115i RGB Platinum to test out?

Last edited by Glzmo; 02-20-2019 at 03:44 PM.