Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9DHX on GA-870A-UD3 (guaranteed compatible, not so guaranteed!)

rckyu

So I have been running CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 on a Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 mobo for the last months with cold boot problems, meaning when my computer had been off for a while and components cooled down it wouldn't boot Windows 7, and just loop restarts.

I let it loop once and then turn off/on the power switch on the PSU and it would work running at 1333MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24). However sometimes I would get random BSOD, programs shutting off etc.

So now I was tired of this and wanted a guaranteed 100% stable system so I used the Corsair memory finder and found out that TW3X4G1333C9DHX had been tested by Corsair and was guaranteed to work on my Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3.

Ordered 2x sets from Komplett.no. Got them today and just tried to install them. But now the computer won't even boot, an alarm just goes off from the mobo.

Tried running all of them togheter, a pair togheter and just one in slot 1.

TW3X4G1333C9DHX

ver8.1

Please help:confused:

Reset the BIOS then put in ONE stick and see what happens. Also, CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 is guaranteed on the Phenom platform.

NOTE: They don't guarantee that one TW3X4G1333C9DHX kit is compatible with another TW3X4G1333C9DHX kit.

Tried only the second TW3X4G1333C9DHX kit I ordered and it worked, which is why I ordered two kits in the first place. So I'm just gonna send back the first that didn't work.

So there is something wrong with the CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 kit and I can get my money back on warranty? I actually got this computer set up by a guy at a norwegian hardware forum and he put everything togheter (and he has some cred/works in the business) for me to shop - I did the physical putting the computer togheter.

I tried basically everything with the CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 kit in BIOS and different slots - from setting the voltage to latency etc. But the cold boot errors and random BSODs didn't go away. :(

They didn't sell it to you so they can't refund it, but they can certainly replace it under the warranty.

It already goes without saying, but it's not recommended or guaranteed to mix memory of any type (e.g. don't mix CMP4GX3M2B1600C8 with TW3X4G1333C9DHX).

BTW, RMA / tech support link is on the left at the bottom.

Archived