Corsair Community

Automatically switch from Quiet to Performance on H150i Pro

fekberg

Is there no way to automatically change the pump settings from Quiet to Performance based on the temperature of the CPU?

I can regulate the fans, but not the pump. Seems a bit odd.

If I keep it on Quiet and run Prime95, temperatures hit 95-100c :eek: if I manually swap over to Performance it doesn't go above 75-80c (which is a bit better..)

I've checked Corsair Link but I can only change the mode, and not do it based on the CPU temperature..

No, there is no dynamic adjustability for the pump, except in a few high coolant/warning type situations. As you have seen, the 1100 rpm speed is a bit limited for real work stuff. It’s meant for quiet desktop work and presumably you don’t have Prime95 set to run on a scheduler, so if you are going to run a stress test take the obvious preparation steps. Most people are content to leave it on the Balanced 2160 rpm and be done. It is both quiet and functional. On the other hand, Extreme is definitely audible and most people with less than 10-16 cores don’t see cooling improvements at the 3000 speed. Also remember the cooling system is designed to work with coolant temperature (H150i Temp) as the control variable. That is how the curves were designed and also reflective of what actually happens. Just because my CPU is suddenly hit with 1.35v does not mean the pump or fans should speed up.

Archived