Corsair Community

Void RGB Sidetone volume

I found the location of the program exe file and simply right clicked and "Troubleshoot Compatibility" I then gave the program more permissions by selecting "Troubleshoot Program" Once I did this I set it to save and the program launched again and then I could hear myself. Once I made those changes though the Corsair Utility Engine the volume worked like it should.

I also read some said that the mic would mute and it would be disable. I tried all those and I found this fixed this as well.

I hope this helps you all out. I have had to do this with other programs at work with Windows 10 so it was nothing new in the world of Windows 10 locking everything down.

With the newer Void Pro headsets, moving the headset arm up mutes the mic, and there is no audio input to capture a sidetone. The same would occur if you muted the mic with the button on the side of the ear cup. The mic arm mute is a feature a lot of users requested and was implemented. I'll pass the suggestion along to see if it can be select able, and see if it's something our engineers can include in CUE.

Hey Nick,

I just picked up my Void Pro and it mutes the mic and sidetone just fine. The problem I am having is when I mute the mic via the button or lifting the boom when I turn the mic back on via the button or lowering the boom sidetone stops working. It seems to be random. If I hold the mute button I hear "mic feedback off" if I hold it again I hear "mic feedback on" and everything works. But if I mute the mic again it does the same thing. But if I use the boom and mute the mic on and off quickly the sidetone seems to keep working. Also after sidetone stops working sometimes I can mute and unmute the mice a bunch of times and it will start working again.

Thanks

EJ

• Corsair Employee
Hey Nick,

I just picked up my Void Pro and it mutes the mic and sidetone just fine. The problem I am having is when I mute the mic via the button or lifting the boom when I turn the mic back on via the button or lowering the boom sidetone stops working. It seems to be random. If I hold the mute button I hear "mic feedback off" if I hold it again I hear "mic feedback on" and everything works. But if I mute the mic again it does the same thing. But if I use the boom and mute the mic on and off quickly the sidetone seems to keep working. Also after sidetone stops working sometimes I can mute and unmute the mice a bunch of times and it will start working again.

Thanks

EJ

EJ, we are aware of this bug, and working on a fix for it. Once the fix has been implemented, it will be part of a later update. Until the fix is implemented, you can click the sidetone volume in CUE and it will re-enable the sidetone feature if you have muted and un-muted the mic.

• 1 month later...
So in messing with my headset I found out that you can long press the mic button to toggle mic feedback. If you toggle feedback off then on again it normally fixes this issue, and is slightly more convenient than having to open cue and change the volume.

• 2 months later...
I found the location of the program exe file and simply right clicked and "Troubleshoot Compatibility" I then gave the program more permissions by selecting "Troubleshoot Program" Once I did this I set it to save and the program launched again and then I could hear myself. Once I made those changes though the Corsair Utility Engine the volume worked like it should.

I also read some said that the mic would mute and it would be disable. I tried all those and I found this fixed this as well.

I hope this helps you all out. I have had to do this with other programs at work with Windows 10 so it was nothing new in the world of Windows 10 locking everything down.

This doesn't work for me.

Something I noticed with my Void Pro USB (probably because of the usb dongle): Once I start iCUE or CUE and double check the settings in the sound control panel for playback devices, the setting for sidetone is stuck at 25% on Windows' side and at 100% on i/CUE's side. Once I quit i/CUE I can change the setting in the control panel without a hitch and set it to 100% (bliss). This would mean that the default setting of iCUE is generally quieter than it should/could be. As far as I read I'm not the only one so it would be quite appreciated to get a fix for the software you market especially for all corsair hardware, which actually works better without in some cases.

Something I noticed with my Void Pro USB (probably because of the usb dongle): Once I start iCUE or CUE and double check the settings in the sound control panel for playback devices, the setting for sidetone is stuck at 25% on Windows' side and at 100% on i/CUE's side. Once I quit i/CUE I can change the setting in the control panel without a hitch and set it to 100% (bliss). This would mean that the default setting of iCUE is generally quieter than it should/could be. As far as I read I'm not the only one so it would be quite appreciated to get a fix for the software you market especially for all corsair hardware, which actually works better without in some cases.

Hey! So I know it's not an easy fix or anything, but there is a way to fix the sidetone volume. First, if you don't have Notepad++, head over to https://notepad-plus-plus.org and download the latest version. Next, follow the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices, Find your headset from the devices list, right click and open it with Notepad++, and scroll down to line 348, change the "maxSidetoneLevelValue" from 25 to 100 and save the changes to the document. Close out of Notepad++ and change the slider from 25 to 100 in your audio settings. Hope this helps!

Hey! So I know it's not an easy fix or anything, but there is a way to fix the sidetone volume. First, if you don't have Notepad++, head over to https://notepad-plus-plus.org and download the latest version. Next, follow the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices, Find your headset from the devices list, right click and open it with Notepad++, and scroll down to line 348, change the "maxSidetoneLevelValue" from 25 to 100 and save the changes to the document. Close out of Notepad++ and change the slider from 25 to 100 in your audio settings. Hope this helps!

I've tried exactly this however it still won't let me change the sidetone level. The settings are all saved and I've changed the sidetone level of all devices in that folder so I definitely changed the sidetone level value of the right device. I'm actually quite satisfied with my void pro surround it's just the sidetone which is annoying me. I really need to hear myself louder. I'm getting really loud after a while if I can't hear myself.

I've tried exactly this however it still won't let me change the sidetone level. The settings are all saved and I've changed the sidetone level of all devices in that folder so I definitely changed the sidetone level value of the right device. I'm actually quite satisfied with my void pro surround it's just the sidetone which is annoying me. I really need to hear myself louder. I'm getting really loud after a while if I can't hear myself.

Sooo i noticed that there were more code lines which about the sidetone whcih have to be changed as well. After i restarted my PC i was able to set the sidetone value on 100 and its a lot better.

Thank you sooooo much! It worked like a charm and it's so nice to finally use the headset to it's fullest! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• 1 month later...

So I looked in the directory and there's no devices folder once I get into the Corsair Utility Engine folder... :(

Edited by gasanchez

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Same for me! I'm going to dig a little and see what I can find. My main issue is that Windows has the SideTone capped to 25 for some reason.

Did you have any updates regarding this? I sear I've opened every file in Notepad++ and still haven't found anything....having no sidetone SUUucks

• 11 months later...
What version of the CUE software do you currently have installed?

i have this issue but in my virtuoso headphones the sidetone only works when i start a voice chat or something like that it wont just turn on when pc is on...........i mean isnt that kinda the point to have it on when the program starts? or are you guys failing to fix the issue again?

• 3 weeks later...
not having a fully flesh sidetone is kind of irritating for my new virtuoso head set, I'm running both the newest version of icue and can still barely hear myself while in chat or playing a game. wheres the fix for this? i cannot be the only person who is dealing with it

• 1 month later...
not having a fully flesh sidetone is kind of irritating for my new virtuoso head set, I'm running both the newest version of icue and can still barely hear myself while in chat or playing a game. wheres the fix for this? i cannot be the only person who is dealing with it

Exact same issue.

• 3 months later...
What version of the CUE software do you currently have installed?

I'm running 3.34.170 and just bought the virtuoso headset. I had a wired void pro, which had very weak side tone. Then I bought a wireless void pro, amazing side tone. Then I recently bought a virtuoso, terrible side tone.

Is this handled at the hardware level or can it be correct via a software/firmware change? I primarily use this for work and web meetings and the side tone is very very important to me.

I've still been having the lack of microphone input & sidetone volume issues (using a Void Headset like pretty much everyone else is doing in this thread). Tried pretty much every little trick there is on this thread to circumvent these issues, and nothing has seemed to work.

Glad this exact issue has persisted for 4 years, and Corsair can't seem to be bothered to fix it, despite it being a blatant issue for lots of people who have invested good money into Corsair's products. It's literally just a case of increasing the max volume available for both the mic input & sidetone volume sliders in iCUE (by quite a considerable amount), but I can only assume that this is deemed a bit too difficult for them to manage.

What a joke.

• 4 months later...
I have the void elite usb rgb and I have the same problem I am about to return them and check if the new headphones work correctly, since I tried everything and nothing worked, I cannot hear myself at all with the sidetone.

• 8 months later...

I'm so angry to come here and find that this has been a known issue for years.

I recently bought a Void RGB Elite USB, and sidetone does not work at all. I can't hear myself through the headset AT ALL during Zoom calls, and it drives me nuts.

The only reason I bought the Void was that I had the same issue (and other issues) with an HS70 headset. So now I'm approaching $200 in sunk costs for headsets that suck.

• 1 month later...

I have read several threads that attempt to troubleshoot this issue, and none solve the problem.  The frustrating part is that the solution is so simple.  Corsair staff, please post one thread with the following fix.

Soft reset your headset.  Now test the sidetone control in the iCue software.

CORSAIR STAFF, this is a known issue, and it is really really frustrating.  Please post real guidance, and not another suggestion we update, reboot, or post ad nauseum configuration details.  A simple headset reboot, or soft reset seems to be the real solution.  So please open all posts on this topic, and add simple guidance pinned to the top that details the soft reset process, and suggests that as the first troubleshooting fix.  Oh, and while you are at it, since this is a known issue, how about resolving the issue once and for all with an actual update to your software and firmware that permanently fixes this?  Just say'n.  Thank you.

• Like 1