The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 10:42 PM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975816
HappyGobin Reputation: 10
Default Installed Link, fans are now louder

Alright, I installed Corsair ICUE before installing Link. Later in the day when I installed Link and opened the program, my fans automatically started blowing harder and louder and now I can't get them back to normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:42 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975832
DevBiker Reputation: 76

What's your coolant temperature? What's the fan curve for the cooler set to? Can you show us the configuration screen?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-10-2018, 09:56 AM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975866

Alright, I realized that when I installed Link, it took over the fans and automatically making them run on a setting other than 'Quiet.' After that, I removed Link, realized I no longer had my original fan curves before I installed Link, did a System Restore and still not sure I have my original fan curves back.

Is there any way to reinstall the H100i's original fan curves and settings without Link?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975867

Using Link, you can save any fan curve that you like to the device. Look in the Liquid Cooler FAQ ... A2. This described how to use Link to save the settings to the device.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:47 AM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975871

Honestly, Link seems real frigidity and my H100i was just fine before I installed it. Now, with Link uninstalled, the fan curve seems to have been removed. Is there anyway to retrieve the original fan curves?

Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975876

The default fan curves are, I believe, the same as the "Quiet" profiles in Link.
And I'm not sure what "real frigidity" means. BTW - Link is end-of-life.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:43 AM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975878

By frigidity I meant that it seemed to increase or slow fan speed for no reason at all while before Link, it was more consistent.

After uninstalling Link, should I worry that the default settings for the cooling have either been deleted or overwritten?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:45 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975879

Did you create a custom fan curve? What were your settings in Link?
And the default setting shouldn't be overwritten unless you specifically did so. You may need to power off, however.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:49 AM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975881

No, I didn't create a custom fan curve. And I didn't see the setting in Link when it was installed.

I have shut down my computer after uninstalling it. Another thing to note: Now on boot-up, as the fans are going at 100%, the H100i LED will go from pink to red to dim red and the fans will pitch down for a second. Is that cause of concern? How about the red color?

Old 10-10-2018, 11:52 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975882

No telling as we don't know what you changed. It may be a cause for concern it may not.
You'd need to install Link or iCue to get the coolant temperature.

It's really difficult to tell you anything definitive when all that we have from you are very vague, general statements.

You also need to check to make sure that your fan is powered correctly. See section B in the Liquid Cooler FAQ.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:59 AM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975883

I don't believe I can see my coolant temperature on ICUE since I have a H100i v1. Or can I?

Old 10-10-2018, 12:17 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975885

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGobin View Post
I don't believe I can see my coolant temperature on ICUE since I have a H100i v1. Or can I?
Hmmm ... I don't think so. You'd need Link for that. And I believe that one is SATA powered so the power issue isn't relevant.

Whether you like it or not, you need Link to troubleshoot and control your cooler. The default curve (Quiet, IIRC) won't go faster than 60%. With Link installed, I believe the default curve is Balanced - which will go faster. And that's indicative of a warm cooler.

Again, being specific about what's going on and not going around uninstalling things before you get answers - or, in this case, specific pointed questions as you've only supplied generalities - doesn't help either. While you are at it, fill out your system specs too.

Old 10-10-2018, 02:57 PM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975905

Honestly, since this trouble started with Link, I'd rather not chance it. I know I'm being stubborn but I'm also being anxious about this because I 'think' the fan curves are gone after uninstalling Link, and my only evidence being that the fans don't become slightly louder when I go to certain websites like Reuters or when Kaspersky is doing a full scan. And my only evidence that the fan curves were even removed are from posts like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/co...ly_to_reallow/

So I actually have no real proof anything is wrong or removed. My own temps give no evidence to be so anxious over anything: https://imgur.com/a/w6l84Wg

And as we speak, the H100i LED is now green again.

Sorry to have wasted your time and if I have any trouble, I'll come back. Thanks so very much replying so quickly and consistantly, I really do appreciate that.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:15 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975907

OK ... that reddit post is completely, totally bogus nonsense.
At no time, in no way, did Link EVER mess with BIOS fan curves. It does change the fan curves for Corsair AIOs and devices like the Commander Pro. In fact, there are more complaints on the forum that it doesn't control motherboard connected fans than not.

What he removed in that post, by the way, is used by the Installshield Uninstaller to remove Link. It has absolutely, positively nothing at all to do with Link except to uninstall it. That's it.

He also shows - pretty clearly - that he had no understanding of the thermodynamics of liquid cooling. The fan curves follow the liquid temperature for a reason that's based physics and that's the appropriate thing for a liquid cooler.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:20 PM
HappyGobin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 975909

Ah, I see now, I get what you mean. The only other video I have to show is this:

Is he wrong in his assumptions as well?