Corsair Community

Ignored by Corsair Technical Support. Again.

Zammin

I'm posting this to the forum since this was the only way to get anything happening the last time this occurred. The last time I lodged a support ticket with Corsair, the tech support person was ignorant would not answer my questions, instead he would respond by copying and pasting knowledge base articles as replies. This happened for weeks until he just stopped responding. I then posted here and was finally contacted by a customer support person who was far, far more helpful.

I lodged a support ticket on March 10th (Australia) with concern to the fact that my H115i cooler appears to be flexing the back of my motherboard and CPU socket clamp, despite the fact that it is mounted correctly as per the instructions and not overtightened. My ticket included pictures of the back of the motherboard and plenty of detail. I received a reply on March 12 (Australia) that simply said "Just make sure that the cooler is only tighten with what your thumb can do." followed by a request for a receipt. This did not answer my question as to whether I should be concerned about the force being exerted on my CPU socket and motherboard by the cooler, not to mention that I already stated that it is not overtightened.

I replied immediately requesting that he answer my questions properly. I also provided the receipt the next day, which I had to actually go back to the store I purchased the item from to get it reproduced. It is now March 17 (Australia) and I have not received a reply despite having sent a number of emails asking for a response. I can only conclude that I am once again being ignored.

Corsair, the way your technical support people treat me is insulting. Please arrange for someone with system building knowledge or at the very least someone from your customer support team to contact me to sort this out. I live in Australia and there is no Corsair phone support here. Your consumers should not have to go through this rubbish every time your products cause problems.

The ticket number is #697748

You might also post a picture in the Cooling forum so we can try and assess it. I seems odd a new higher tier motherboard like the Hero X would bend and there are a lot of us with new Asus Z370 boards and the same Asetek backplate that goes with the H80iv2/H100iv2/H115i and new PRO series coolers.

You might also post a picture in the Cooling forum so we can try and assess it. I seems odd a new higher tier motherboard like the Hero X would bend and there are a lot of us with new Asus Z370 boards and the same Asetek backplate that goes with the H80iv2/H100iv2/H115i and new PRO series coolers.

Yeah I do intend to do this soon. The issue here is mainly how poor Corsair's tech support is.

After posting here I did get a reply from a different tech support employee and his response was:

After reading your description and checking the images it looks fine and safe. I guess the bending is due to the oldness of the back plate, maybe you can consider having a new back plate just to eliminate the dilemma of failing.

So he is telling me it is fine and safe, but also telling me I should replace the CPU clamp back plate so I don't experience any parts failing.. Is that not contradictory..?

Archived